Need some help First grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gregmagnu, Sep 18, 2012.

1. I start my first grow this week and I'm really worried about getting the venting going in my tent and a few other things.
    I have pretty much everything i need. I have a inline fan 440 cfm , oscillating fan, 25 feet of 6 inch ducting, speed controller and a day star hood And the tent is 2'7x4'11x6'7 i have a bunch of outlets for the venting.
    When i have the 600 watt running instead of my t5 setup i plan on just having the fan blow air into the hood and out the tent. But Im confused of how i should have the setup for the first few weeks. Do i need the inline to blow into the tent when the plants are just seedlings and veg or will i be fine with just the oscillating fan until i start to use the hps 600 watt.
    And will i be fine if i just keep the seed in a cup of water for 24 hours? I did this with bag seed once and the seed just cracked slightly, is this enough to put the seed in the container and start growing or should i do it some other way?
    I plan on starting the seeds in 5 gal smart pot because I'm doing auto mazar and i hear its good to start in big pots. And if i put the smart pot on plates so the water doesn't leek on the tent will that be fine?
    Thanks for any answers I'm starting the grow soon and it will be nice if i get a nice explantation for some of these questions.

2. Put the containers onto plates, yes. I put my seeds into dirt, you must have another method. Seedlings don't need a fan unless your t-5 set up puts out too much heat. Usually they do not. I transplant from cups into bigger containers, smaller ones are easier to manage.

3. [quote name='SkunkPatronus']Put the containers onto plates, yes. I put my seeds into dirt, you must have another method. Seedlings don't need a fan unless your t-5 set up puts out too much heat. Usually they do not. I transplant from cups into bigger containers, smaller ones are easier to manage.[/QUO
    Have a different method for what? And I know you supposed to start in small pots but my seeds are auto flower and I've been hearing that you should start them in the pot your going to finish.