Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need some bud help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SoGnarlyDooD, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Hey guys. Today I just picked up an eighth of some good bud for 60$. It will take me a while to get through all of this, which might be a problem. I was just wondering how long I would be able to store the bud for before it goes "bad". Also, Is it bad that I'm storing it in a zip-loc baggy tucked inside a clean sock which is in a bag pack, or should I try to get some pill canisters? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!:)

2. coulda sworn i seen this thread already.....

but n e wayz bruh..

try nd transfer em to a jar/pill bottle.

let em get some fresh air (quick burp) so it doesnt get moldy.

it will last you a long time.

3. A glass jar is the best way to store it. Plastic breathes and the bud will dry out. It also has static cling and the crystals stick to the bag. Glass will keep it fresh for months.

4. how long can bud be preserved in a pill bottle? if it gets the quick air freshening daily?

5. Bud Is Best Stored In a Glass Jar In a Cool Dark Place *A Mason Jar* Airtight & No light*

6. I just put mine straight into the pillbottle and seal it up. No bag or anything.

It's never dried out on me, and I've never had any problems with it sticking to the pill bottle.

Glass is the preferred option though, I agree.

7. According to the other people in this thread, you apparently need to "burp" the bud.

That is untrue. The herb only needs to be burped when it's curing. This is usually done by the grower. Once it is in your hands, it should be fully dried. Unless it's wet, the herb will stay good in a plastic/glass jar for up to a few years.

I've heard stories of friends smoking 30 year old herb and it still got them high as if it was new. If herb goes bad while it's in your hands, it must be horrible herb.