need some answers please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Xx_SyNDrOMe_xX, Apr 4, 2008.

1. i havent got enough cash to buy both a metal halide and a hps, i was looking at getting just a hps would this be ok till i get enough cash for a mh. I also can afford some fluroesence lights. Should i try to rig a vegetation room with the fluros and a flower room with the hps? or just go hps the whole way.

Im looking at getting a 600watt hps light

I maybe using a flood/drain system, unless a better easier way. (any ideas)

Also some lighting questions. Minnamum lights off period for clones, veg and the lights on n off for flower, is this 12/12 for flower?

Thanx guys for any answers the grow romm will be around 1.5mtre high by about 1.8-2mtr long an around 800-1mtre deep.

2. It is possible to use HPS all the way through, however since you are low on cash, and sounds like this will be your first grow;
    I would recommend you run the vegetation stage with fluros. They are much cheaper, and are forgiving on a noob.
    Either compact fluro, or fluro tubes work fine, just make sure you get high watts, high lumens, and 6000-6500K temperature. (Blue spectrum)

Minimum light period 18/6 for vegetation, but can be as high as 24/0 if youd like.

12/12 or lower is for flowering.

3. do fluro's go into regular sockets? or do you need to buy something else to plug them in?

4. Compact fluros just use regular sockets, and obviously for the fluro tubes you need the ballast and housing they are normally plugged into.
    check this out

5. hey i got a 250w mh light, How many plants could i veg with this? 5 atleast.

Also im buying a 600watt hps in 3weeks, what type of crop could i grow with this plant wize, im building a 1.8mh 1.5mw 1mdeep box

Also how far from the lights should the plants be

6. These questions have also been covered a lot however;

a 250MH will be ok for 5 as long as they are small and close together as 250W is only rated for 2.5x2.5 foot area.
    A 600hps will flower 4-6 females just fine.

How far the lights should be depends on your ventilation. You want it close enough that its not burning the plants, but not so far they are stretching.

7. thanx dude im adding to ur rep ur been a great help.

Should i keep this thread going for me as im planting my sprouties now.

1 more before i go

Should i put my germinated seeds straight into my perlite/vermicultre mix or a soil mix till they get bigger

8. sorry. 1 mroe, lol

what difference would there be from a 18/6 compared to a 24/0 faster veg period?

9. Well the questions you ask are debatable.
    I personally prefer FFOF soil with perlite and vermiculite mix.
    Also, most will tell you 24/0 will give you faster veg times, however I prefer to mimic nature giving it some dark time, and do 20/4.

10. ive built the box, i have the plants in my clone box atm.

I need a water system, i was thinking drip

the box size is same as above

if using drip do i make sure the drip is constant, or give it like 2 full buckets of soloution a day using the timers, also do drip systems need a airater in the water
    if i placed the bucket of soloution inside the box would this hurt, eg. water heats up too much?

11. can any 1 answer these questions?