Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Siyeed, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Hey blades,

Just some background I always take New Years to kinda change some things around in life, make sure this year will be an improvement over the last. I used to be an avid runner, did a lot of 5K's and mile races. My times weren't bad but nothing legendary, low 20's for the 5K's and around 6:00 for the miles. My interests shifted to weightlifting though and for the past year I haven't put much effort into running, going out only once every week or so to mix things up with cardio.

The point I'm getting at is I'm running a race New Year's Eve to get me kind of in that mindset and ready to dedicate more time to fitness and just general well-being. With the holidays my diet's been a wreck and along with stress I'm sure my body and mind both aren't in quite the best shape for this. While not overweight or terribly unhealthy I'd like some help or advice with taking the next week to prepare. Help with a nice detox or body cleanse, supplements, exercises etc. to kind of restore and refresh over the next week would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. #2 infiniteawesome, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2011
    Since you only have a week to get ready, I'd say do a few light weight squats and lunges and calf raises early on in the week, then rest the next day, followed by a jogging session the same length as the race only at a slow pace, then rest the next day, bicycle for forty five minutes the next day, rest.

Two days before the race do a couple one legged wall squats, a few bodyweight squats, and a light jog up and down a gradual incline.

Throughout the week eat oatmeal and brown rice before your workouts, fruits and veggies and nuts during the workout, and lean meats, eggs, fish, and more fruits and vegetables within one hour after the workout.

The night before the race, carb load with complex carbohydrates like whole wheat, oats, rice along with small portions of meat and vegetables. Get your mind off the race by having an evening out with friends and loved ones at an Italian restaraunt or just make plenty of food at home. Try not to think about the race.

Get laid if you can, or at least masturbate. The endorphin release is supposedly somehow effective the night before long or strenuous bouts of exercise.

Right before the race, have a small cup of coffee along with a small portion of something sugary but not too filling. Eat fruit throughout the race. Plantains fried in coconut oil with a bit of salt will give you energy throughout a race. Always drink plenty of water.

Adding Chia Seeds to your water can boost your endurance.

Good running man.

3. That's exactly what I needed, thank you.