Need some advice with first grow currently in veg please!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Swingnut, Aug 23, 2016.

1. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg What's up guys,

I was wondering if there's anything in particular I should be doing at this point. I have 5 plants under a 600w MH (in veg) in a 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent, strains are cbd magma, cbd bubba kush, cbd zen, cbd critical and cbd AK. Currently feeding with only biobizz bio grow and watering every 2 days due to fabric pots drying out fast. Some are slightly taller than others, probably a bit late to top but is this a good technique to use? Seen some people online bending stems etc. Just generally need some help and advice with maximising yields and generally having a good first grow, thanks for reading :)

2. It isn't what we tell you but rather what do you see. Patience, young Padawan. You don't become master overnight or from a book. Progress is the key. Do better each time . See what works for you in your environment. Failure is just a building block.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Your plants look fine, how much height do you have to work with? Those babies are going to stretch when you flip to flower. You can always top them, then give em a week to recover before flipping to flower

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. plants look good but I'd look into topping (find a good thread) I look at those plants and instantly am thinking I'd top it right there!! Topping aint for everyone and it would set you back about a week on flower but the benefits are amazing. Maybe something to think about for next run (I would have topped those a lot sooner).

Not topping will produce a massive main cola with lower buds still being decent and a very vertical grow of the plant. Topping allows for multiple tops (sure not as big as a single cola top but many more bigger buds overall) but it also helps to fill in space. If you grow 4-5 plants untopped under a light you'll get good yield but topped you'll fill all the space.

5. Thanks for your reply much appreciated. 2 meters to work with

6. 5 plants in a 2m x 2m room? To optimize a 600w light you want to try to keep plants in a 4 foot x 4 foot area or at most 5 x 5.... 1m equals I think 3.3 feet if memory serves. Not that your room size if bad but I would pack the plants in so they fit that smaller square area.

edit: found this pic to help[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Looks good. I'm curious how the CBD strains turn out. I have a 5 pack of CBD Skunk Haze. 50/50 12% THC/CBD. Just waiting for room in my veg chamber.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. So t
    Thanks for your reply, useful info. So do you think topping now would be beneficial or do you think I should leave it
    Sorry I meant 2m height. 1.2 x 1.2m sq size