Need some advice on flowering and harvest

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JadeNirvana, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Heres the synopsis: 3 bagseed=3 females. started 12/12 june 1(36hrs of darkness before 12hrs of light on 6/1), sexed confirmed 6/15 or there abouts. Growing under 4 42watt CFl's. Watering, I check the soil one inch below the surface for moisture. I alternate each watering with 1/2 strength tomato ferts. (18-18-21)

My girls are looking good and healthy. They have food, water, light, space, and proper pH. They have only been flowering for about 2 weeks, but already some of the pistils on the main cola are beginning to turn amber at the tips.

This is my first grow. From all the reading I've done on this and other forums, (you guys are awesome) I expected to harvest 2nd week of August at the earliest. I figured on 8 weeks of flowering being about average. Unfortunately my camera's broken, but it's just the tips of the main bud that are amber, roughly the top 1/4 of 30% of the pistils. This makes me think harvest will be sooner.(maybe mid-July?) I know to harvest when 60% of the trichs are amber and it's entirely up to the plant how long flowering time is.

I just want to know if my line of thought is accurate. Has anyone had experience with a plant that was ready to harvest after only about a month?

2. Take anything you've ever heard about pistil color and harvesting time, and forget it - It's meaningless. Some plants are completely done with 0 darkened pistils, and some will have them all change after just a few weeks. Go by tricomes alone.

No plant anywhere is ready after 30 days of 12/12. Be patient and let the girl do her thang. :D

3. I know theres no way they're ready now after only a month. I'm just trying to gauge how much longer I have to go, being that this is my first grow.

I didn't know that some strains are mature with no darkened pistils. Thats really good to know. All three are maturing at different rates.Thank you for the input.