need some advice (new auto grow)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Novajx123, Jun 15, 2018.

1. @Novajx123 Using the good ol' hand to turn your lights on and off is what I did for a while...until my digital timer came in. Nothing wrong with a mechanical timer either, though. This is the one that I use right now:
    ...okay after fucking with it for ten minutes, just google
    Grounded Digital Grow Light Timer
    and it'll pull up the one I have, or should. It's a double plug timer, works great for me.

Works really well for me. Took me a minute to figure out how to work the bastard, but that's what I get for not looking at the instructions first. 20 bucks takes a big weight off your shoulders in regards to your grow, though. I walked through Lowes and saw like 40 different models not too long ago, too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yea I just picture myself
    Forgetting to turn them on or off. That makes it wayyy easier I googled it and there are tons of them. I’ll definitely be ordering one when i order my tent. Wish I had enough lighting to start another plant and top them
    Both.
    Really wanna throw either a lemon kush or the Bruce banner in there. Just had to lower my light a little she started stretching a ton. I filled in that space with some soil and lowered them to 19”.

Do
    You have a grow going right now?

3. Yea afghani and crit purp are 2 I have really wanted to try. Can’t wait to see how those then out. As well as how that mephisto seed does. Pineapple
    Chunk looks like a good strain too though...too many to choose from lol. I also have 2 blue aK autos I can try. Hoping that’s good as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm curious too about the Mephisto. I feel Gyo buys huge stock from breeders and when they don't sell fast. They sit on their shelves for years. I also had Royal Queen Easy Bud from Gyo. It was a dud(so far the only seed I had fail on me). The seed looked odd and way bigger than regular seeds.

You get the blue ak autos from Mary's?

5. Honestly the only time I’ve gotten bad seeds was critical cbd from nirvana. Think those had been sitting forever...Smallest seeds I’ve ever seen, they just never grew. Most died. 2 didn’t germ. Never had that problem with any other seeds. This ripper seed Germed so fast it was nuts. And it’s just growing fast. I did have to lower my light once again cause she stretched a ton last night.

Way too many to choose from lol. Yea I got the blue aks from
    Mary’s. Tangie’matic and cherry pie auto were 2 I almost ordered from them

6. Cherry pie auto sounds interesting. What all strains have you grown before?

7. I’ve grown northern lights, bubblicious, lowryder. And I had a lemon potion cbd auto that I topped and was flowering...it got ruined during my move 2 weeks ago. That was irritating as hell. As far as seeds go, I have 4 NL, 3 bubblicious, 2 Bruce banners, 2 blue ak, 1 washing machine left. I was growing one small plant at a time. What about you?

• Like Like x 1
  8. What was your favorite out of those? I've been interested in cbd strains. I will have to try one some day.

I've grown 4x NL autos from Crop King Seeds and Dutch Girl's Ghost Train haze(got the seeds from a Dispensary in Colorado). That is when I was only growing 2 at a time. Currently growing 2x NL autos(CKS), Blueberry auto(Grower's Choice), and Tangerine Dream(Barney's). I mentioned all the seeds I have earlier but I forgot about the Dutch Girl's Ghost Train Haze photos I have. I have 4 or 5 of those left. And also have 30-50 Bag seeds, I've been saving. Not sure if I will ever try them though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #129 Novajx123, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Bubblicious (nirvana) for sure, smelled amazing. Had a very sweet bubble gum smell. Really enjoy smoking the bubble. It was very pungent during second half of flower. Low Ryder (Mary’s) was the easiest out of them all...grew small, little to no smell at all. My NL auto was also from crop kings...the NL high caught me off guard...i got stoned off it very easy. I’d love to see the Dutch ghost train pics. Also interested in growing tangerine dream. What was your favorite?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bubblicious sounds awesome. I've only smoked the NL and Ghost Train Haze. NL was the best out of them. Ghost Train was good but very similar in taste to the NL. We made some bomb brownies out of some of the Ghost Train. Best edibles I've ever ate. Probably put too much bud in them lol. I didn't take any pics of the Ghost Haze. The only bud pics I have taken are the ones I shown here.

My favorite to grow has been the Blueberry Auto. It germed fast and powered thru veg. I thought maybe the fast growth was due to being in a 2L pop bottle but my Tangerine Dream(also 2L) isn't blowing up like the Blueberry did. The bottle of the Tangerine Dream doesn't drain as well as the other. Not sure if it's because I'm using Kindsoil with it. Wonder if the kindsoil retains the water and that's why it don't drain as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I upped it to 20/4 now :)

Ahh ok cool fair enough

I’m going to watch that video as i’m not to clue’d up on how to LST properly lol

12. Any help on my plants? Ever since i took someones advice on feeding the plants to run off if’s fucked them up man. I fed both of them 4L with the same ratio of nute/water i was using before bit it’s proper messed them up

Anyone know what’s wrong with my plants?it looks like cal-mag deficiency? Why is it drooping? They’re still drooping now and the pic was taken 2-3 days ago so i doubt it’s got anything to do with it being overwatered as alot of it should be drying out now

Maybe a nitrogen toxicity?

13. It definitely looks like some
    Nute burn and clawing going on. I’ve dealt with too much nitrogen before. The claw never went away but the plant did recover. What exactly are u feeding it? You may need a good flush, and then feed only plain PhD water for a week. Hopefully someone else here can chime in.

14. Lmao I’ve honestly never had edibles, I do have some
    Thc capsules from a
    Dispensary in Oregon A family
    For when they were there. Never tried em lol sitting in my desk. The bubblicios taste really sweet. Taste amazing when vaped. The NL had a crazy head high, first 15 minutes I was like this strain is amazing, didn’t need to be any higher. 20
    Minute mark it was just Bam, stoned. It crept up on me lol.

Maybe it is just that soil. Can u get some more holes into the bottle without damaging the roots?

15. I wouldn't recommend being as aggressive as him. I just wanted to show you how much abuse autos can take.

I think so too. The way they are clawing looks like Nitrogen toxicity. I never had clawing before so I not sure how to deal with it but what Nova posted makes sense to me. What are your nutes?

I never tried THC capsules before. I want to all of sudden lol. If you buy edibles from a Dispensary, the gummies are a better high than the chocolate bars.

Bubblicious sounds nice. I will have to put that on my shopping list.

I might be able to put more holes in it. The roots are starting to be more visible when I pull the cover off. I will try to avoid them. I put a lot already but still not draining as well as other. I will do that tonight.

16. I’m using the whole lineup of 8 nutrients from BioBizz: root juice, bio grow, bio bloom, top max, bio heaven, alg-a-mic, fish mix and acti-vera

17. Yea it’s worth growing it yielded pretty nice for the horrible wattage I was running. Very sticky buds. Nice midday smoke. If I’m
    Ever back up by one I’ll check the gummies out, these capsules are like 5mg thc. I did have a 58 percent vape
    Pen and omg that thing is strong. I stick to my flower usually. Yea I’m sure the roots will be fine. I just turned my
    Lights back on, she’s standing straight up ready for the light. It fascinates me for some reason lol. End up reading articles on cannabis til 1am lmao. I had a plant that didn’t drain well, what I did was put a dry wash cloth under it, and let it sit for 5 minutes to soak up excess
    Water. Worked great for me.

Attached Files:

18. Honestly , I’m not familiar with any of those, You have a lot of stuff in there , out of all those nutes which ones have nitrogen in them? Your leaves that are already damaged won’t ever recover from nitrogen tox, that claw stays there. But you can stop it from progressing. And like you said it can’t be over watered. Too much nitrogen is all I can think of, the leaves below especially look very dark green. only way to stop that is to back off your nutes that have a high nitrogen content , flush with clean phd water, if your in a 3 gallon pot flush 5-6 gallons through her and then feed clean phd water for a week. What’s the Ph of your water?

19. I’ll try to research further and see what nutes have nitrogen in them - that i’m using and i’ll use less of it. Hopefully not too long to go for the grow .. just want this round to be over now :(

I do honestly think it’s just some ntox and cal-mag deficiency. In regards to my ph i think it’s around 7-7.5 - it may sound high but i’ve read alot online about organic soil which can buffer up and down to its preferred ph lvl.. i don’t think my ph is an issue

20. You might be close the the point you can just feed your water and start your flush anyways. She probably has plenty of nitrogen stored up to finish. What day are you on now?
    Have you also tested your run off ph? I’ve had water go in at 6.5 and come out 5.2ish from nutes I was feeding and I had to adjust. Mainly tiger bloom. That’s how I was on my NL grow i had a hard time and I was ready for it be finish up lol. Hang in there man your plants look great. The only way I learned how nutes affected plants was messing it up. Second grow went really really well for me.