Need some advice for my closet setup!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sway23, Jun 3, 2008.

1. I have a closet space that's about 3' Length x 2' Width x 8' Height. Right now, I'm using the space very inefficiently, as you can see. My plan is that I would really like to have a vegging room and a flowering room.

What would be your recommendation as to how I can go about building it with the minimum amount of modifications (wife won't be too happy with me drilling out exhaust holes, etc)?

I'm thinking my best bet is to put in a board, dividing the top from the bottom, use the top for flowering, bottom for vegging, and cover the top flowering compartment with a tarp. I'm not sure if the tarp would be sufficient in keeping the light out though.

Here are some pics of the closet space, any other ideas? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. If you are using an hps for flowering you should have a REALLY good vent system. I had my HPS in my closet too, had to bring it out b/c it was getting too hot and like yourself I iddnt want to drill holes into my walls.
    I would make a box/tent for your veg growth and cover the inside with mylar. The box will prevent any light form reaching your flowers. Youll also need an exhaust and intake for your grow/veg box.
    Nice set up though, my closet has sliding doors so I have good ventilation with a couple fans. How many plants you have in there? Im using fluoros and CFLs for veg too! Are those a set of 3 26 w CFLs? I like it a lot.

3. If using an HPS get an aircooled reflector with tempered glass and a 6-8 duct fan. 100-300$