need some advice for my 1st grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by colton420, Mar 3, 2011.

1. yep, my first grow, im pretty pumped for it, i have a few questions though. im going to be growing outside and i live in the southern part of michigan. i looked up average frost dates for my area and it is saying mid may for last frost and beginning of october for first. so my question..is that a long enough time frame to grow some nice yeilding plants? its about a 4.5 month time frame, any help would be much appreciated.

2. nothing? lol

3. A lot of people assume us midwestern guys can't grow outdoors because it gets cold sooner.

4.5 months is plenty of time for a big plant. I've seen 8' and taller plants.

If you're serious get a strain that flowers earlier.

Do some reading, all of the information you need is in stickies in the growing sections. Nobody wants to help people on these forums when they just ask extremely broad questions.

4. thanks man, and i know it was kinda broad..but beileve it or not i looked everywhere for the answere and i couldnt find it..lol..but buying seeds isnt an option for me, i just have some dank bag seeds that im hoping will do the trick, thanks again man

5. #5 washedmothafuka, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    It would probably work if you could get your hands on some autoflowers, other than that you could grow your "dank" bagseed, hopefully it's indica and flowers early, but you will still have to pluck it a wee bit early. If its sativa dominant...might as well keep growing it and harvest the premature buds..better than nothing.

edit: sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm really lit, will clarify in morning.