Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

need some advice about starting smoking again (had paranoia problems)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by martin33452, Jul 31, 2016.

1. hi i could do with some advice i smoked week from the age of 13/14 upto the age of 21, most days we smoked all day everyday

then one day my friend had some Thai stick and we smoke a joint together (tried thai weed plenty of times before) after a few puffs on this weed i seemed to get very paranoid and went on a whitey, no problem ive had them before and i went home and got some sugar in me and had a nap

later that night i went back out to meet my friends and rolled a joint like always and again after a few drags i got extremely paranoid to the point where i had to go home

i thought something was not right so i had a week off the weed then tried again, then the same thing happened after just a few puffs

so i decided to have a few months off this time but i noticed that even without smoking the weed i started to become extremely paranoid when around people i knew and even worse around people i didn't know, i even walked out of a new job i had started because the paranoia was to much, it really was horrible

im 30 years old now and im glad to say after 2-3 years the paranoia went away and i now feel ok

the question is what the hell happened to me that day, did i smoke a seed in that thai weed and something snapped?

another reason im asking is because i now work as a web designer and need some downtime everyday and for 8 years i loved weed and would like to try it again but i would hate to go through what i went through before

i know this is not a doctors forum :) but maybe someone has exp this before or know someone that has

im open to any questions

where i come from it was the norm to put tobacco in your joints so that's how i did it, maybe this time il try just a pipe?

id also like to get some weed with low thc like the old days, but as im in the uk my local dealer thinks this super cheese is the future and only gets that

2. When you get paranoid what are you afraid may happen? Are you thinking you may get busted or is someone after you or what?

• Like Like x 1
  3. from what I heard, thai is very psychedelic and is known as a cerebral high. its like taking a trip of the mind where some strains like that super cheese probably, is more of a down feeling or relaxed. the sativa cerebral stone feeling is not really for me. it gets me all amped up and for someone who isn't an all day every day smoker, that may bring on some paranoia I suppose. your mind is extra active and I think that it probably picks up on these thoughts and amplifies them.

however, feeling this way since you've smoked IMO has nothing to do with the pot you smoked. its fairly common to develop anxiety which would make you paranoid. I would look into treatment naturally for anxiety like exercise, meditation or maybe even a more relaxing strain like an indica.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Strong Thai strains are comparable to mild doses of psychedelics, more so when you extract it and make BHO, and hash. Then you combine dry herb, fresh leaves, Hash, and BHO (honey oil) and turn them into a Thai stick after a long curing process.. If you don't have experience with psychedelics you would be in for a bad time.. Because a real Thai stick will fuck up even an experienced smoker. So Indica's.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ^That's odd. I didn't know people made Thai sticks like that.

6. You know, I've never had the original Thai weed, but I can and will say I did notice that all the strains that I've had with whatever passes for Thai nowadays, like Chocolate Thai, Purp Thai and an OGxThai cross a couple of times, the highs were very...'mindfucky', for lack of a better term. Markedly more so than the usual strains he had around in that era. I have no clue if they have any actual relation to the original whatsoever, but I did pick up and remark on that fact to my dealer. If you have virtually any anxiety issues at all, even ones that don't bother you normally, the wrong type of high, weed or no can bring right to the surface, which causes horrible paranoia in the wrong circumstances. Don't know if that is exactly what happened in your case, but as an anxiety sufferer myself, I can tell you that these things happen.

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

7. thanks for your reply's guys

@Cactus Ed it is quite hard to explain, most of you have probably had a episode when you think everyone is looking at you,that seems to come natural with smoking weed but times that by 20 and that is how it felt it was really horrible, i continued to have mild symptoms for upto 2 years after stopping smoking weed, it has been 9 years now since

living in the uk you don't really get a choice of weed,you have what the local dealer has,which of course is always the strongest stuff he can get as the kids think the stronger the better

maybe il try a bit and see how i feel