Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

need some advice about legally medical growing in CA outdoors

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Scat, May 5, 2010.

1. I'm pretty sure it needs the be in a locked greenhouse or some kind of locked cage to be legal. I'm not positive though.

2. There is nothing in the constitution that requires any notice at all. Theoretically, you could grow in your front yard right between the swing set and the kiddie pool with a neon sign that says I love my pot garden (assuming neon signs are otherwise legal there), likewise you could have no sign at all. County regs and such sometimes require it. If challenged, anything like that (like these counties passing ordinances requiring a permit to grow) will get tossed. They cannot modify a voter amendment to require a permit any more than they can place an arbitrary limit. Likewise, they cannot modify it to require you to have a sign.

Nonetheless.. I'm not looking to get arrested and fight it to the supreme court, I'm looking to stay out of heat.. so my main goal is to notify an inspecting officer that he IS looking at a legal garden, so that hopefully he doesnt get grabby and start yanking my stuff.

On my grow area I keep a sign I made that simply says :

MEDICAL MARIJUANA
    Grown in accordance with Proposition 215

• Recommendation on file: NAME OF MY DOC OFFICE

11362.5 (d) H&S
    Section 11357, relating to the possession of marijuana, and Section 11358, relating to the cultivation of marijuana, shall not apply to a patient, or to a patient's primary caregiver, who possesses or cultivates marijuana for the personal medical purposes of the patient upon the written or oral recommendation or approval of a physician.

DO NOT DISTURB!

3. Sounds like you are very much on the same page as I am. Do you include your name or phone number along with that so the ycan reach you if they "felt" the need to investigate to make sure that public order and safety is not threatened?

4. #5 Zoom420, May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
    I put my doc and docs phone number so the KNOW I'm legit. I pretty much figure if they are looking at my garden they know my name. :eek:

besides.. they dont need your name to get a warrant... :eek: but they wont get destructive in my area if they know you are legit. Just about everyone grows.