Need Serious Advice

Discussion in 'General' started by meowtoyou, May 5, 2011.

1. My mom is seriously addicted to drugs that I can not mention... whether I can say that they are prescription or not I'm not sure (they are.) If I'm banned for that I don't even care anymore. This has caused serious depression in my life in the past couple months just seeing how my mom has become. I'm scared to just be in the car anymore due to the fear or her dozing off while driving and killing us both. Her and my dad are separated, and I plan on telling my dad tomorrow. Can someone please, I beg you PLEASE blades, give me some advice on what I can say to her to convince her that she needs help? She seriously does, whether she wants to admit it or not. I don't know what telling my dad will do, but I need to get it off my chest. Please help me guys :(

2. Im in no position to give you advice... so i'll give you a nice little bump. I hope everything works out man, positive vibes to you ~ :smoke:

3. Thank you.

4. Talking to your Dad is a good start. They may have had their differences, but he loved her once.

If you are in college, see a counselor. Does Mom have any older brothers and sisters? They may be able to have some influence. Ala-teen may be able to give you some advice, if not actual help.

When she realizes it is time to quit, there is a whole section on "Quitting other Drugs" using cannabis to lessen the withdrawal symptoms. In the 1800s, soldiers were quitting opiates by using cannabis tincture.

Wish I could help you more, hon!

Granny

5. You gotta be a hard ass. Confront her and tell her what's up. Do not let it continue, she may hate you for making it an issue to seek help for, but it's worth it. Quick story; ex is into the opposite of pepsi, and she's going down a dark route. I plan to tell her parents soon, she'll hate me for eternity (or not?), but it's better to know you have an opportunity to help someone that is out of control... and to take the opportunity. Look at it this way: would you rather attempt and fail or never attempt to do anything and your mom continues down a dark road.

Just be honest with your dad. Tell him how you feel and tell him 100% facts. Do not beat around the bush, use your heart and be straight the point.

6. ^Couldn't have said it better myself.

Edit: Ninja'd. What Granny said, not this other guy.

7. Thanks for your help. She has no friends or family members, which doesn't surprise me, seeing as she completely isolates herself.

8. I've never been in this position so I won't offer any advice oter than stay strong...so I will just send you my positive vibes- wish you the fucking best- and give your thread a bump.

Good luck bro.

9. Is your story true? If it is, I wish you luck.

That is how I plan to be with my dad, 100% honest. I told him that I wanted to have a private talk with him tomorrow and he kept trying to nudge it out of me tonight. Off track.. anyway.. I just want to cry, not that you need to know this. But, like any kid, I loved my mom growing up, and now I wonder how long she was a drug addict for -_-

10. Yeah it is thanks, but not relevant to you so no need to discuss it haha.

Don't look it at that way, if you loved her growing up then accept it for that. Trying to discover how long she was on shit for and associating with the mother you loved growing up is just going to depress you further. It's the past, and if you enjoyed your time with your mother in the past, then that's all that matters. Just need to look at now and going forward, that's all.

And hey, if it's gonna keep you up all night, might as well talk with your dad... just sayin'.

11. I wish I knew the right words to say =/. If I were in your situation, I'd have a straight up heart felt talk with my mom. She won't change until she hits rock bottom and realizes it on her own but maybe hearing from you will open her eyes.

Best of luck to you...

12. Thank you so much. Any words help at this point, honestly. I'm sitting here looking at the General section waiting to see if my thread gets any new replies. i hate my life

13. Even though your moms addiction is blinding her judgement right now, you're her baby and she DOES love you. Once she wakes up (whether it be from you waking her up, or her getting a scary wake up call) the mom you know an love can come back. She's in there behind all of the evil you're seeing right now. I promise

14. You're very welcome. If you're up for chatting, don't hesitate to ask. I'm a good listener :)

15. well ur post brought me to tears but thanks man.

16. You're welcome. Stay strong, you can do this.

17. tell your mom "yo, you need some weed"
    be high in front of her, and say "this is some good shit. better than the shit you're addicted to"

just adding a few things that may make you laugh since it's a depressing thread. the least i can do is bump.

Pimple.

18. Please get the fuck out

19. Dude, really? If you wante to bump his thread then bump his thread. Trying to get a few laughs (with a HORRIBLE joke at that) was extremely unnecessary. You're truly an ass