Need reading recommendations

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by MonoGuapo, Aug 19, 2018.

1. So I've read almost all of John grahams novels loved them and have read a few others by like David baldacci and James Patterson but my collection has been read over 3X including the 48 laws of power 5X and still reading my question is there anything close to what I've read that someone can recommend? Please not all of my books are second hand purchased so please don't recommend a 60$ novel lol so for bad grammar mines shit thanks though!

2. I don't have the opportunity at the moment to check these authors, so could you clarify the genre?

3. I enjoyed reading pretty much any book written by George Orwell, Aldous Huxley and Stephen King. My favorite book from each author is Orwell's 1984, Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, and Stephen King's The Shining. Orwell and Huxley are very philosophical. Both 1984 and Brave New World paint a picture of a terrible dystopian future for mankind, in a way that is both sad and creepily believable too.

Stephen King is such a good descriptive author. He does such a good job at explaining all the little details of the characters and situations. I much prefer reading one of his books to actually watching a horror movie.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Graham writes alot of fictional law novels usually civil suits and tort schemes and the other authors are suspense writers usually with a twist at the end

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Try any of the Michael Connelly "Bosch" novels. After watching Bosch on Amazon Prime I started reading most of the series. Bosch is an L.A. detective going after cold cases that turn out to not be so cold. Connelly also wrote the Lincoln Lawyer series and in a couple stories the two characters are working together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sorry for the late reply but definitely will check that out

7. Sorry for the late reply but definitely will check that out

8. Check out the Special Agent Pendergast novels - cowritten by Douglass Preston & Lincoln Child

Still Life with Crows
    Brimstone
    Relic
    Reliquary
    Cabinet of Curiosities

Not necessarily in that order - but if you like a fantastic detective novel with a touch of the occult tossed in - man these are SO GOOD.

J

9. i found a book like Mass Effect

now i need one like Dragon Age

ya dig

10. Perry Mason investagor type novels awaits for me

11. This book is a little dated (released in 2001) but it has some useful information on cannabis growing. I've read up to page 100 and im loving it so far.

Attached Files:

12. Im into the ultimate hitchhikers guide the galaxy at the moment, it combines six of Douglas Adams' stories

There is always this though haha

JackHerer.com

• Winner Winner x 1