Need Pro Help!! Metal Halide ballast/lamp not working

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CrimsonSun, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Ok so I bought this metal halide ballast/lamp fixture. It seems like a industrial lighting fixture, hangs vertically, but it would b good enuff for me. The cord was cut so I bought a plug and fixed that up. When I plug it in I hear a faint humming noise but it does nothing else. I bought a new bulb, but the bulb says for M59, and I think the ballast is a M135 so I guess thats y the new bulb doesnt work. The old bulb also does nothing when plugged in. So anything I can do? Is the ballast fuxed up or is it just the bulb? heres some pics of the thing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The company i bought it from made no comment on its functioning status, but i was willing to take the risk, seems like i got screwed tho. Hopefully someone here can help me out!

2. Hope you got it cheap man. even ebay has 400w bat wings for a little over $100.

Don't know if in fact that your light isn't working because of the miss matched bulbs, but that would be a good start. I think there is pulse start..... then something else start... maybe those are mixed up or maybe i'm thinking hps, but whatever... good luck.