Need opinions

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Pie Romania, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Ok, first off, I know what I like in regards to heady glass. I haven't purchased a tube in quite some time and with everything out there, I really don't know what would work best for me. Price isn't too much of an issue, but I am trying to decide if I should purchase 2 tubes (one for flowers, one for oil) or if there is one that is more expensive and suitable for both?

If any one could tell me what works best for what, it'd be much appreciated. I am currently looking at a Robin Hood x Sleek Designs collab, inline to 10 arm set (kind of expensive, but could be a good all around piece).

Not into these action figure type pieces. Simple, nice to look at. I am kind of rushed on this post, so if any more info is needed, please ask and I will respond asap.

2. Dave Goldstein fritted disc, I'd say like a 16" one is perfect for flowers, but I hear they are sort of flavor killers if that bothers you.
    Also I've been in love with the Mobius Stereo Matrixes for a long time, such nice looking great functioning pieces.
    If you can get ahold of Joel Halen glass, i think theres a couple sites on the net with his stuff, then I definitely recommend browsing that, he just does really amazing work. His gridded circs are killin it
    then of course there's your Sovereignty king stems, stem 8s, peyote pillar (high recommendation if money is no object, and inv4s.

as far as oil rigs, what I'd really want is a Sovereignty recycler, simple, effective, and just seems like a nice thing to dab out of. I'm not extremely experienced with dabbing, but that seems like the ultimate rig to me.
    Also, mentioning Joel Halen again, at my LHS I've seen some of his DI mini inline circ tubes, with some slyme accents mm they're beautiful. might have to snag one here with this next paycheck haha.

I also like the new style thats getting kinda popular, vapor beakers with clear joints and fully worked downstems. very easy on the eyes and look like a pleasure to dab from.

now mind you I've hit nor owned any of these pieces, besides a Halen piece I bought the other day. this is just from extensive browsing of this forum, as well as other glass related functions

3. I don't know from personal experience but I've heard the toro double micros work fairly well for both and the ones wrapped in mighty mucous and red Elvis are super sexy.

I couldn't tell you what would be the best middle ground for both between the 7/13, circ-circ, hex-hex, forth-froth, and 7-contourax though. :p

You could also get an A/C to throw on it when your smoking flowers.

4. Thank you guys. I don't smoke a lot anymore, but really would like to start a heady glass collection up. Some beautiful artwork out there. I basically want something that is going to function as well as it looks.

I have looked at Toro's a LOT. I have a feeling I will be picking up at least 2 for my collection down the line. Have also been looking at 4.0, Dirty Rico, Sovereignty, etc. I love all clear glass pieces, but adding some color and not going overboard seems to be where my priorities are at in regards to looks.

5. Anyone else care to offer their 2 cents? No one knows about the tube/set in question from the original post? If I am going to drop some decent coin on nice glass, I'd like to get some user input on it. Guess I will see what can be found on Google.