Need Nutrients for 1st Hydro Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BeastBuds, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Hi everyone - I'm new to the threads and looking for some advice. I'm starting my first hydro grow in a little while (waiting for seeds to arrive) and I need help with the nutrients. I have a grow box that fits six plants and is about 2 ft tall, so I'm not expecting monster sized crops but hoping for something decent. What hydro nutrients would you reccommend? Thanks:smoke:

2. Look up Lucas formula. FOr a first grow, many people recomend going with GH. Good stuff, and all you should need. As you learn more and start tinkering, then start using additives in future grows. Some people love GH + AN additives, some swear by AN line, other prefer Fox Farms.

Big questoin is do you care about organics?

All you need is GH Micro and Bloom, and use the lucas formula for veg and flower mixes.

3. House & Garden or Advanced Nutrients or Lucas

4. I strongly recommend the Technaflora "recipe for success" box, it's a great deal (about $35) and it has everything you need for your first round of grow. for the money, it's great for starters. I'm sure the stuff the other posters have listed is good too, but I was starting with zero knowledge and used the recipe for success, and haven't had any issues, just make sure that you always check the PPM when mixing them up and back off the amount they recommend and 'sneak up' on your PPM's. its easy to add more, but impossible to reduce (without adding a lot of water)

good luck!

5. I used just about everything General Hydro makes for my first go round, and it worked pretty good for me.

6. I would like to know as well...

7. lucas formula FTW