Need new tv shows.

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Broses, Feb 11, 2012.

1. First off, i know there is a thousand threads like this already, but most of the shows in those ive already seen.

anyways ive watched most, if not all episodes of these series:

Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    Weeds
    Big bang theory
    how i met your mother
    archer
    community
    the office
    trailerpark boys
    the walking dead
    its always sunny
    burn notice
    american dad
    family guy
    cleveland show
    ancient aliens
    workaholics
    wilfred (us version)
    futurama
    simpsons

and theres probably a few more i cant remember atm. i watched the pilot of Justified but its not really my thing.

im pretty sure ive watched most of the decent tv shows out there nowadays, anything left to recommend? ive heard The Wire is pretty great but i have no idea what its about.

2. If you liked Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy is a must.

3. i just checked out a trailer for season 1 and ill definately be giving it a try, it looks excellent. thanks, man.

4. #4 imBaked, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012
    fresh prince of bel air!
    you didn't say south park!
    survival shows are good! they may be actors but the tips are from real survival experts.

east bound and down is a good one. it's like a sad comedy in a way.
    you'll definitely like sons of anarchy, as mentioned.

5. Check out The League, great show. Also, if your on netflix look up dmt: the spirit molecule, its a good 2 hours of badassarry about dmt, the shit dreams are made of (literally)

6. yeah ive already seen southpark, all the survival shows, the league, forgot to add those.

Sons of Anarchy should keep me entertained for a while.

what else is there for sitcoms? Parks and Recreation is funny but its hard to watch knowing its just a clone of The Office.

7. The Shield
    Rome
    Rescue Me
    Six Feet Under
    Carnival
    LOST
    party down
    parks and rec
    arrested development
    chappelles show
    Spartacus
    Southland

8. #8 Broses, Feb 11, 2012
    thanks ill check some of these out.

edit: damn just watched a trailer for the shield, i think im going to watch it before i watch Sons of Anarchy.

thanks for the suggestions guys.

9. The Shield and Sons of Anarchy are from the same dude so expect similar vibes. Both are fucking badass edge of your seat shows you cant go wrong with either.

10. #10 farquit, Feb 11, 2012
    Two words, but kinda only one word really.

Nighty night.

Don't doubt on this, there's only two seasons and its a british release. BBC.
    The season one cover states it is dark, daring and devastatingly funny, Season two cover says "this series didn't just cross the line, it scissor kicked over it with no pants on". And I agree with both of those statements. It took me about half an episode to get into it, now its one of my faves. If you like a bit of variety in your viewing, like to have a laugh and find fucked up shit funny then watch this.

Julia Davis is pure genius. Pure. Gavin and Stacey rocks it too.

Dead like me is pretty decent viewing also. But fuck, Nighty night takes the cake.

"5 pound for 2 front bums and a back bum?"

Jill: "Gina? what? The dwarf with the stye?"
    Cath "She's Japanese Jill"

kills it :D

11. Sons of Anarchy is the shit, hands down. You won't be disappointed. I'm saving the last episode of season 4 for a bit, the show has been renewed for a fifth and sixth season. The show is also in the same world as "The Shield", you'll see appearances from SoA cast in The Shield.