Need More Input

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Eva Spiegel, Jan 20, 2010.

1. I got fired today. I was completely in the wrong, but I do not regret what I did. I've been getting screwed over at work (as I do with every job it seems) and this time I decided to retaliate and screw them over. Unfortunately I got caught :( Oh well, no big deal, that place sucks anyway. I'm going to snag another gig tomorrow but I was wondering if anybody had any advice on how not to get screwed over?

I am a VERY giving person, and do everything boss asks of me, and then some. This is just the way I work, it makes me happy to try my hardest at all things in life. It makes me happy to make others happy, even if it at my expense. The problem with this is that most of my bosses, and other coworkers, seem to take advantage of me because I am so willing to help out. I'm getting sick of it. I don't want it to happen again but I have no idea how to prevent it. A lot of times I do things for others when they ask me without even thinking twice about it. I've noticed that this tends to build up over time and then I turn rebellious.

This is the second job I have been fired from because of my retaliation. I don't want this next job to end in such a way. How can I still be a giving person without letting others take advantage?

2. How do they take advantage of you? I mean, this is your 2nd job you've been fired from...acknowledge your place at the company.

3. I know where your coming from. My advice to you, find something you like to do that release a lot of built up stress. (I choose the gun range) Grow some balls and start telling people no. You may not want to I understand that but no one ever moved up in a company without stepping on a few toes to do so. Looking like the bitch in the company isn't good, being the guy that makes the bitch do their work without the boss finding out is where you want to be.

Sounds crazy but thats America for ya. The golden rule still applies though, don't go too far with things or expect it right back in return.

4. Meh...

This first job was a family company and I was considered part of the "family." I did a lot to help this company build from the ground up. I also taught them web page/computer skills which saved them thousands of dollars. Then, they decide they cannot afford me anymore and said goodbye.

This job is a shit hole bar and owner is a cheapskate, so the place is run horribly, if at all. I have to wear many hats in this place and do it all by myself. Granted, there is one bar tender who makes my drinks. This bar is huge, btw, I had 50 to 100 people at one time on some nights.

Ok, so the place sucks, whatever, I'm going to just roll with the punches, I'm making tons of money, my customers are awesome, life is grand :)

Then...they start to screw me over financially.

I'm fine at releasing, thanks, and I don't want to step on anybody's toes. I also don't want to be a bitch, but yeah I am the little bitch of the company :(

You're right, I just need to try harder at saying no. Thanks for the input :)

5. ^ Johnny Five is alive! ^_^