Need micro light advice please

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Txweedwoman, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Not a noob but want to change my bloom lights on my closet grow from CFLs ...do great on veg stage but want more buds! I pull about 1-1/2 ozs. of buds off current set up but think w/proper bulbs I can increase that and need recommendations on whether to go HPS or Halide,what size and color spectrum I need for a 4 plant grow in a 6 x 6 x 6 panda poly closet tent.

Organic grower doing 2 Barney's LSD (love that plant! will take hot,cold, overwater,underwater pretty much any abuse you can throw at it and turns out kick ass buds every time :) and 2 Female C99s (1st time try on those) all femined. Got my soil,nutes and etc down but need some help w/new better bud lighting.

Thanks for the help and suggestions :)

2. Hey weedwoman :wave:,
    HPS has the best spectrum for flowering, period. My space is very similar to yours, just smaller (4.5x2x7 panda lined closet) and I run a 600W HPS. I have an aircooled hood and a dimmable digital ballast that I can run MH or HPS on. I also have a 440 cfm inline fine connected to a carbon filter for cooling the light and odor control. I would definitely not go smaller than a 600W in a 6x6 space. Heck, in a 6x6 space you could even run 2 600W. 600W is supposed to be more efficient than 1000W, so that's why a lot of people chose multiple 600watters over one 1000watter. Remember that you are going to need additional ventilation to control the temperatures from HID lighting. I would suggest an aircooled hood, it's the best way to keep it cool in a smaller space.
    I'm also an organic girl all the way :). Like your recommendation of LSD, I will have to check that out. HTH :smoke: