Need mat that drains to corner or drainage ideas.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by YpsiGro, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Need to drain to hose so I can run the hose to a floor drain in a bad location. If not I would have built the room in that spot.

I was thinking some kind of mat that would be used in restaurants or maybe something built for grow rooms. As long as I can drain to hose I am open to other ideas.

I am trying to plan ahead for flushing. I have big fabric pots sitting on round plastic pot trays. I will have a screen connected to each one In not a big area. Picking it up to take it somewhere to flush it is not going to happen.

I was also thinking of drilling a hole in each pot tray and connecting a hose. Problem with that is trays are not that big and that would not work at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. You can raise everything up off the ground a little bit, then drill holes in whatever is holding it up off the ground, then put a container under neath everything and either attach a hose to the container or empty it every once in a while after flushing. Do NOT use wood if you use this method. It has to be water proof.

The water will go through the holes and drain into the container.

You could install a drain in your room.

If you raise the floor about an inch on one side, just enough to slightly lift the floor on one side without everything sliding off and install a drain on the lower side, all the water will flow into the drain. A drain could be just a hole or a pipe system, as long as it does not drain into something you don't want water on.

3. Check into pond liners.

4. Currently I'm in the very early stages of planning a grow myself. Lately I've had my eye on one of those washing machine drain pans that are there for protection in case of a leak. I've noticed at Lowe's they've had some that I think are about 30"x30" for twenty something dollars. Not sure if it will suit your needs...just throwing it out there.

5. I found Hot water heater drainage pans. Will look at refrigerator pans also.

Thank you everyone for your help. It is really appreciated.

6. Gravity will do all the work; establish a diagonal plane by simply lifting the far corner of your box about a half an inch with anything handy and all runoff will flow to you

7. If you need round check for water heater drain pans as well, i use them for big pots since 18" is the largest catch dish most places sell.