Need long board help!

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Glass Soul, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Hey there, I really wanna get into long boarding, I used to skate when I was a kid, and many of my peers said that long boarding is really fun, so I decided I would customize my own long board with used parts, just in case I don't like it I wouldn't have lost much money.

I overheard my friend say that anyone over 170lbs shouldn't long board because the board might not be able to be ridden as well as someone who weighed less. I am 5'7" and 180 pounds, I have a construction worker body type if that makes sense, I wouldn't consider myself fat for my weight as I'm pretty healthy, but back when I was younger and used to skate I weighed a lot less.

It kinda got me thinking about board durability with heavy riders. I currently own a 45 inch San Clemente Pintail deck, and I was wondering if my weight would be an issue for this board? Or for long boarding in general?

Thanks guys. :eek:

2. Hello, I just started to longboard, and got very into it. Its such of a fun thing to do and relax. For the weight you have to test it out on your board, every board is different. The best thing to do is go try some boards out at the shop. Or else there are companies like loaded that make great bords with a flex index. This flex is for your wieght, and has some boards for people wighing over 200.

Hope this helps