Need immediate help diagnosing problem!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by connachtspawn, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Yesterday morning this plant was fine. There was another, much larger plant in the same room with it and they were both under a halide light. I determined the other plant was a male and removed it, and put this plant back under a fluorescent. It was a bit droopy when I went to bed last night, so I watered it.

What the hell is wrong with it? It's the only one I have left alive of my first round of plants (the other two were male), so I'm desperate to save it. Could it be a phosphorus deficiency? (guessing from here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm kind panicking.

[​IMG] (CLICK photos to enlarge)

[​IMG]

2. quick drastic change in color to red/purple is generally phosphorus , I dont think its a deficiency, it wouldn't happen over nite, but your plant was under a halide lite and they throw heat!, now you have it under a cool fl lighting

I suggest your temps are too low

3. It's the browning of the leaves the concerns me the most... could the change in light/heat cause that? The soil is properly damp, but the leaves are suddenly dry and crispy...

4. looks like it could be overwatering, thats how my old plants look one time, stop watering as often and not as much, and everything was fine.

How often do u water and how much each time? also what size are ur pots?