Need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by buzzled, Feb 20, 2016.

1. #1 buzzled, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016
    My plant is about 5 weeks into veg. I put her outside during The day due to the perfect sunny days in socal. Then I put her underneath a CLF for the remainder of the 16 on and 8 off cycle.. Ever since the second week the plants bottom leafs are dying.. I already lost the little seedling leafs.. The single leafe.. And now the 3 finger leafs are starting to die.. It starts at the tips and works its way down.. The rest of the plant seems healthy. Just the bottom leafs die slowly.. Need help to fix it.. Also is my plant at a good size for its age 5 to 6 weeks old. Any feed back will help.. I'm new at this.. Here are av few pics... 1456003843343.jpg 1456003857455.jpg 1456003872149.jpg 1456003885562.jpg

2. #2 Trichuk, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2016
    Hey there, the sun light is awesome but when you put it back under a CFL, it's going to get sad.
    I recommend you to keep it inside for a while to strengthen it or leave it outside..it's all about conditioning at that point.
    As long as the new growth is good, and it looks like it is, it should be ok.
    Remember, the plant won't like coming in to a CFL, it's just a shock to the plant.
    Plus I'm thinking a flush could help.

3. I'm flushing it now. So I shouldn't put it under the CLF?

Sent from my Z970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'm flushing it now.. So I shouldn't put it under the CLF?? What should I do exactly

5. #5 Trichuk, Feb 21, 2016
    If you can keep it out side, then great, if not..just keep it inside.
    I can't figure out what I said that was not straight forward.

6. So even tho its only sunny for 12 hours a day that's gonna be OK if I leave it outside.. And not make it flower to early?

7. #7 MrLuKim, Feb 21, 2016
    That lower leaf loss seems pretty normal to me. I get it on every one of my plants as the available light becomes screened by the upper leaves. Plant looks pretty healthy from my perspective.

If you are only getting 12 hours of light outside then you need to provide additional lighting. I've had plants flower under 15 hours of light so right now 17 is my minimum for vegging. Good luck sir.

8. #8 buzzled, Feb 21, 2016
    How many CLF bulbs should I use?? And how long should I keep it in veg

9. The more light the better but I don't really know your full setup. If you are going to do most of your veg and flowering outdoors then the veg/flowering thing will take care of itself. If you are going to flower indoors then you have a height restriction. You can always tie plants down but I use the general guideline of flipping the plants to 12/12 when they are 1/2 - 2/3 of the full height you want at the end. In my 6" tent I normally flip when the plants are 30" tall but you'll have to experiment.

10. Thanks. Ya this is all kind of an experiment. I do move them inside at night. In fear of thieves.. I have a one CLF. I put them outside in the sun for 10 to 12 hours then put them inside under the CLF for the remainder 6 to ten hours. I just don't know if one bulb is enough. Plus I have seedlings. 1456036106741.jpg 1456036131440.jpg

11. New growth looks healthy, it might outgrow whatever the problem is.

If it gets worse then it could be your soil. What are you using?

12. I'm using Scotts hydronex potting soil. It feeds for 4 months it says.. I'm thinking about getting some nutrients for her

13. Reviews on that soil says that it has terrible drainage, which I suspected just from the looks of it. IMO you have drainage problems AKA "overwatering" (funny name, plants do just fine in hydro) and your ph is probably off.

What kind of nutrients are you considering? I wouldn't bother using them in that soil, it's not going to solve the problem. But might be useful for future grows.