Need help with tapping into central air

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by FLOWIN, Jan 10, 2013.

1. #1 FLOWIN, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
    Hello All.
    I have a 6'x6' veg room and a 4'x12' flower room built in an attic. Right now only the veg room is in use and have been running the 400hid light for 22hrs a day otherwise the temp dips way down if i let it off longer. This will definately not work when i put them in flower and the lights need to be off for 12 hours. My plan is to run a vent into my central heat/ac vent hoses. Before I do any cutting I just want to get some ideas if it will work or if you see problems.

Where the grow rooms are they are maybe 10' away from where the heater is and its main line that goes in the attic. The venting is a fat tube made of spring material and plastic stuff filled with the air. First question, can I successfully tap into this type of vent? Since it is at the beginning of the venting for the whole house will all the air try to go into my tap hose instead of the rest of the house? When heat or ac is on will it suck smell from grow room and go into the house vents? Any help would be apreciated.

P.S. Please ignore the mouse shit. Haha. I got rid of the fudgers 2 months ago but havent cleaned up there

Attached Files: