Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help with smell management (dorm)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by fuddyduddy, Nov 11, 2015.

1. I live in a small room on the top floor of a building at my school. The layout looks like this:
    [​IMG] ~130 sq ft of space.
    I have a standing tower fan in front of the door with a towel tucked under it, and I vape with an Arizer Air and blow it all out the window. Sometimes I get a bit careless and vape at my desk along the wall to the left of walking in.

This is usually perfectly fine. 90% of the time if I vape in my room and don't open my door (or even if I do open my door), there's absolutely no smell outside my door. I even have a smoke buddy, but I never use it because my friends usually can't tell I was vaping unless I tell them. However, yesterday, it was windy outside, and I guess that reversed the airflow and started pushing the lingering weed smell in my room out under my door. When I walked out of my room my friends told me that they could faintly smell it and that the RA walked by but wasn't suspicious.

About 25 mins later the RA walks in, books it to the end of our hallway and starts sniffing around for some reason. I immediately started making popcorn and smelly foods and he never even came back to follow up (I think he was just being a dick - he has busted us for "marijuana odor" before.)

So I wanted to know what additional measures I can take to be SURE that the airflow in my room is always going out the window - regardless of wind (is this even possible?). I'd like to get a window fan with an exhaust feature similar to this one (http://www.amazon.com/Bionaire-Compact-Window-Manu...) but my window only opens about 6-7 inches. This is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]

Anybody have any ideas of what kind of fans I can install here? Can I install one taller than 6 inches and just mount it outside the window opening? It will have limited efficacy this way, but I'm sure it'll be better at getting the smell out than not having a fan at all, right? If I were to have that fan linked (http://www.amazon.com/Bionaire-Compact-Window-Manu...), do you think if I vaped right by it with the setting to exhaust and used the smoke buddy, I would be completely GUARANTEED that shit won't smell outside my door? I'm fucking tired of being paranoid to be honest.

I'm also going to try to get some outlet air fresheners for both my room and the hallway so that even if some smell escapes, that will hopefully overpower it. I'm wary of spraying something like Ozium because it'll definitely raise suspicion (though I spray Ozium pretty regularly.

Thanks.

2. I can't help much with airflow but I suggest essential oils or incense for "covering" the smell. ;) work much better than plug in air fresheners

3. And what about air purifier? I think that some of them can remove the smell...

4. I agree, incense would be good, but there is a policy against burning ANYTHING (so no candles either) so in the case that they were suspicious and smelled incense, I think I'd actually have to open the door for them to investigate the burning smell. So that's out.

Did you have any in mind? I was looking at some online but they're either way too expensive or so small that I'm not sure it'd really matter. The smokebuddy has activated carbon in it.

5. An essential oil diffuser is deff an option :)

6. Just get a tub of ona and stick a desk fan on whilst you are vaping. Job done.

7. What is the scent like? And where would you recommend I place it? The thing is I don't really give a shit what it smells like INSIDE my room, I care what it smells like OUTSIDE. If I were to place that little gel cup by the door in front of my fan, do you think it'd sort of catch the smell as it passed near the door?

8. It doesn't matter where you place it in the room, the room isnt massive. A tub of ona with a small desk top fan will spread the ona about enough to neutralise the smell. The closer to the ona you vape the quicker it will neutralise it. I use it outside my grow room to control leaks as I go in and out, works a charm so long as you have that fan on!

9. I'm gonna get a quart of ONA and keep it by me with an extra smaller fan blowing the ONA towards me as I vape by the window. I'm also getting that window fan. If 3 fans, a towel, air fresheners, and this ONA shit doesn't stop me from getting caught, FUCK IT.

10. Ona is the dogs bollocks mate.

Get the professional and a bottle of the concentrate - miles cheaper in the long run.

11. try the smoke buddy, ive needed used one but i have heard good things about them.