Need help with PC tower grow box...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Ms.NatureFaerie, Sep 15, 2008.

1. OK my box arrived today and I am pleased with it thus far. However, I am wondering what a certain wire is for? There are no instructions and this is the only thing I can't figure out (so far). Check out the pics and let me know what you think.

Just a pic of the inside: :)
    [​IMG]

Wire is inside a little 2 inch clear tube:
    [​IMG]

Wire without the clear tube showing the yellowish orange tip:
    [​IMG]

Help? :confused:

2. Looks like a 110v. wire with some kind of electronic part under the shrink then to very small wires which wont flow much power.

You will need to follow it back to its source or call the manufacturer.

Sorry;)

3. bah!!! :cry:

I am contacting them and hoping for a useful reply. Thanks for looking though. I appreciate your input ;)

4. Did you try to follow that wire and see where it goes?
    Snap a pic if you find it.....and dont worrie cause were always here to help.

Does the "box" dude post here and does he know you do?
    If not you could be out growing him in the future if you keep spending as much time here as you do.:rolleyes::D

5. Changed my signature just for you...feel honored! I COMMAND YOU!! :laughing:

Anyway, here is where I tracked it down to...

[​IMG]

It leads to a circuit board or something. Is it fake? lol. I have no idea :confused_2:

btw: He is the one who told me about this place but I don't know if he has an account. I will surpass him though...at least in quality hehe. I love this place...I am a loner + chatterbox so a forum is my best friend.

6. could be just the power button cables from the old pc stuff in there, btw 6 plants i dont thinks gonna work there.

7. I'm not gonna grow 6. Just 2 or 3 :)

8. ah right sorry, just saw 6 holesand though that was abit over ambisious? going to do an auto flower strain they stay small

9. #9 mels, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
    Have you tried running that light in there with the fan on to see temps? Is that a 200 or a 125 By the way? I have 2 200s running in my cab and it gets hot in there and its 2'x4x9'.

10. I have been running it a little bit but not constantly because I am just a bit concerned about the loose wire. The temperature however has maintained a steady temp from what I can tell (no thermometer in there). It does have 3 different fans on it so I wouldn't think it could get too hot in there. I do know it's freaking bright though lol. I will run it for awhile and test the heat once I sort out my little issue.

11. Thank you,i do like that one better.:DYou sound just like me,although you NEED to get out and get guys to have more crushes on ya.(since you arent into girls).

No the board is not there just to look good,its for something and the Co. will tell you soon.

Just plan on getting some rooted clones from "HIM" and you will be ready to grow when there ready......So get them going NOW!!;)

12. That small cab will mostly rely on cooling from the room its in and its tempts.

Keeping the room at below 75F. should allow the cab to stay well within the growing temps we need and if not a small duct may be needed from the AC or outside if room temps go higher.

13. I thought you had a custom built box,that box looks like a real pc tower converted for growing.:confused:

If it was a tower that board could be from something used prior to the conversion.

Did you confirm the wire does in fact connect to that board?
    Looks like it could but unless you see the solder connections under that cover you cant be sure.

14. #14 Ms.NatureFaerie, Sep 16, 2008
    I keep my house at 70 or less lol so room temperature won't be a problem. It is a custom built box, but I have no idea what they use to do it. Maybe they purchase servers and convert them? I dunno...still waiting on a reply. As far as I can tell...the wire leads to the circuit board. I can't really see past the panel because of the angle + tight space. I am hoping the manufacturer can shed some light on the issue. I mean everything seems to be running fine...only thing untested is the aerator stones because I haven't added any water yet. So what the wire does....it's an unsolved mystery.

[​IMG]

btw mels...I use a 125

15. #15 sikander, Sep 16, 2008
    That looks like a normal PC tower that's been gutted for growing. If that's the case, those wires just connect the stuff from the front panel (power button, USB ports, headphone jacks, etc) to the rest of the computer. IOW: they're not doing anything.

16. Awesome concept! Where did you buy the case? (PM sent)

17. that thigs tiny. arnt your plants gonna be like 2 inches?

18. that wire is a temp wire, is there a digital panel on the front of the case?

i bet there is & that wire is the old school way of seeing temps of cpu`s, northbridge, case etc etc..

19. yea i'm also curious about the size of the case being a factor?
    it's a brilliant Low-Key Idea BTW ( I might have to try it myself)
    I'm just not sure how you plan on implementing your vision with what u have now.

20. Ahh I think you are right about the temp wire! Thanks for the help since I haven't heard from the manufacturer yet!! :rolleyes:

It's fairly small yes but it's 24 inches high and I have some lowryder seeds so I think I will be ok. Once I get things setup and going I will start a journal and prove whether or not you can successfully grow in one of these. Time will tell.