need help with my setup please guys!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by kingcropper420, Aug 10, 2018.

1. #1 kingcropper420, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Hi people!

new to the forum starting a new grow real soon need some help on my setup and the best way to get the best yields off my space, still fairly new to growing got a fair few grows under my belt so my space is a 1.0mx1.0m 1.8m tent so im thinking 5 plants in 3gallon smart pots under a 6inch air cooled hood with a 600mh for veg then a 600w hps for flower and a scrog them and train so they get even light coverage im going with a 5ich prima kilma extractor with a reducer for the 6inch hood with osculating fans for extra airflow going with bio bizz light mix and going with the PM organic grow and bloom along side some root sim some cal mag and some plant magic pk booster, so my question is do you think I could pull a nice yield off this space or is that to many plants what do you guys think im grateful for any info before I go rushing in all guns blazeing we have all done that!! :sneaky:

smoke on guys peace

2. #2 old shol4evr, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

3. y

yes sorry I wasn't that clear on my space its a 1,0mx1.0 wide and 1.8m heigh tent, yes I know I am planning on training ect to get nice light coverage, and what solo cup straight to 12/12 that sounds interesting that would be exciting to try

4. #4 old shol4evr, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

5. 3 plants per 4x8 grow tent ………….
    Each plant grow 3 ft diameter .

You will get more yield from one large plant instead of 5 small plants .

6. If you're growing in a tent, give serious consideration to access to the rear of your grow area. reaching over a 1m scrog to try and train the branches at the back, tough if you're only going in the front of the tent.

i'm in about the same size tent and would have rather done 2 plants than the 4 i did, just because of the space/access restrictions.

you're gonna need to be able to pull them in and out to trim, train (lst) and then to lollypop.... or, have enough room inside to get in and work inside the tent.

don't go too far down the rabbit hole to only find out you went too far!

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. I think im gonna go with 4plants you think I could get more off one?

• Like Like x 1

8. yeah for real I can imagine the struggle to get to the back of the tent to tend to the girls I just want the best possible yield I can get man, have you finished your 4 yet what was the yield lights ect?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm about halfway thru flowering on my first grow so I have no idea what to expect. I have been told it looks nice and should produce a good amount. I'd like to see at least a pound but I'd be happy with a half!

Here's how it looked on Monday.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Brother everyone has their own ideas , I am growing in aeroponic systems , ( three Systems )
    The bigger the plant the more yield … I am even considering down sizing to 2 plants per 4x8 tent .
    Plants need allot ventilation , I add 3 to 4 gallons of water everyday per tent ..
    Humidity is always 50 to 60 percent , plants need growing room , and normally are easy 3 foot diameter .
    I have 3 plants in a row in the center of the 4x8 tent and the leaf's touch all 4 sides ..
    One month cloning ,veg to flowering normally 6 weeks and flowering for 10 weeks .
    Some strains flowering is 8 weeks ,

If you are growing auto flower strains I cant advise you ,,, never screwed with them ,,,,
    Don't do feminized seeds either …
    Just strains like White widow , amnesia haze , AK 47 ,Barry White
    Law says x many plants per household ,,, fewer plants and bigger plants makes up for what we are not allowed to grow in mass numbers .

You can grow as many plants as you wish in your tent , but I like big ass sticky buds ,
    I prefer to grow bigger plants instead a bunch of little ones , My weed is as good anything you normally can buy in a store .

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Getting a harvest is great... you should get better every grow ….
    Putting one tent into flowering tomorrow …. my plants are about 3 foot tall look like a hedge row .

Nice looking plants ,,,, knuckles bro .

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sorry man, you asked about my lights too. I'm running a 325 COB LED grow light. Guy at hydro store hooked me up with it.

http://ledcanada.com/product/growthstar-scorpion-5x-325w-cob-led-grow-light/

I'm interested to see if its really going to produce nice buds on the outer edges of the grow area before i decide if im going to upgrade. I understand its suppsed to be able to replace the 600w but who knows really right. I remain skeptical as always!

I

13. #13 LoneGardener, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Fuak ya buddy!

Thanks. I'm nervous though coming down the home stretch. Prob 5 more weeks till they come down so anything can happen! Plus tdrying and curing. Yikes. Lol

On the upside i've got 10, 1 month old clones/ plants sitting in a slow veg, ready to go if anything goes wrong!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Slow veg ,,, haven't tried that yet ,, had my issues with Powdery mildew .lost 2 harvests , switch to a aeroponic systems < I still have to spray to prevent PM but I have it controllable .

Its pretty tough to have to much ventilation, good luck
    If you ever cross northern Nevada pm me ..

• Like Like x 1
  15. You may get a bigger harvest with fewer plants, but it takes a lot longer to get that harvest. If you run sog, you may get a smaller yield but you get more frequent yields. Plus, about the big buds, with SOG all you get are colas. I think overall you get more with more smaller plants.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hi
    I have no idea what SOG means .
    I am in vegetation for 6 weeks then in budding for 10 weeks .
    Is my growing cycles longer then yours ?

17. Sea Of Green mate. Basically you plant like 30 plants per square metre, veg for 2 weeks then flip em to bloom and get a half oz per plant or so.
    Probably is the best way to maximise yield per space but in most places you get caught with it and your fucked.
    Basically allowed to grow 1 plant round my way. (scotland) doesnt matter how big it gets as long as theres no evidence of dealing etc its a £300 fine but get caught with a sog and your potentially fucked cos you get done for having 30 plants that they generally estimate at 5oz per plant if its not too close from finishing.
    The bastards done my mate for about 20k worth cos he got caught with 20 plants in a 2m x 1m space a couple weeks into bloom. Mustve been some fuckin crackin blurples he was using

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. SOG, Sea Of Green.

lots of plants, all at once, no training, just a race to the finish. quick veg 3-4 week
    or even 12/12 right from seed to fill the space

19. #19 Headhunterpipes, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    I have that , you cant see the main stem or any of the stems , its looks like a hedge row until I go into flowering , then the whole tent is filled with what looks like a sea of green .

My plants are full , not tall and with a few branches and leaf's like a out door plant or a plant without enough light or the lights are to far away .

• Like Like x 1
  20. wow that looks real good brother well done man I see what you mean is that in a scrog to?

strains?