Need Help With My Setup (first time)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weedman299, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Hello, so this is my first time growing, today I put the seeds into the soil after the seeds were done germanating. and right now im using a 60watt light bulb almost 2-3 cm above the pot, and going to be upgrading too a 100watt in two days. I find that my light bulb keeps drying out the top of the pot which I know your not suppost to water the soil too much, and one of the ways for knowing if it needs to be watered is by looking at the top of the soil. So should I be worried about the watering? Here is a picture of my grow for right now, and I just want to make sure im doing everything right so far. the soil im using is from my store it's just black earth soil

Thanks for the help!:smoke::smoke::smoke:

Attached Files:

2. [quote name='"weedman299"']Hello, so this is my first time growing, today I put the seeds into the soil after the seeds were done germanating. and right now im using a 60watt light bulb almost 2-3 cm above the pot, and going to be upgrading too a 100watt in two days. I find that my light bulb keeps drying out the top of the pot which I know your not suppost to water the soil too much, and one of the ways for knowing if it needs to be watered is by looking at the top of the soil. So should I be worried about the watering? Here is a picture of my grow for right now, and I just want to make sure im doing everything right so far. the soil im using is from my store it's just black earth soil

Thanks for the help!:smoke::smoke::smoke:[/quote]

Cfl bulbs or incandescent? Normal incandescents wont do much but produce heat

3. the one I have right now is a incandescent should I switch to cfl's? and if so what wattage?

4. definitely go with cfl, as high a wattage as you can (42 is preferred I think)

should be right up next to the bulb too, as close as you can without burning it

5. alright thank you, How much water should I be putting into my plant each day?

6. [quote name='"hello ladies"']definitely go with cfl, as high a wattage as you can (42 is preferred I think)

should be right up next to the bulb too, as close as you can without burning it[/quote]

This. You can get away with 150 (actual) watts for your 2 plants. In veg you want 6500k spectrum, and 2700k for flower

7. I forgot to mention that I do have 2 light bulbs they are incandescent both 60 watt which if I hooked them up on my 1 plant would be 120 watts in total? but that would be really hot and it dries out the water when i put in after like an hour? is this ok?

8. incandescent barely hit the spectrum needed to make that plant go, all you're doing is giving it a nice warm blanket but no food

9. oh ok, will the plant still grow to make it come out of the soil until thursday? I get paid then so I can't buy the 42 watt cfl till them, will my root die?! its tuesday right now

10. you don't even need light till the sprout breaks the surface. Warmth will help though. Maybe in a sunny window. As for water, keep it moist but not soaking.

11. oh sweet thanks!

12. I literally stuck 10 bagseeds in a trough of dirt, kept them good and watered, and 10/10 sprouted. I lost one seedling that didn't develop quickly enough, but the other 9 are going strong!

It's a numbers game, just stick em in there, keep it good and damp, and don't worry about it too much!