Need help with my plants

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jswanny47, Oct 27, 2014.

1. I've got 3 seedlings, the two smaller ones are about two weeks old and the larger one is about 3 weeks old. I have them under one 150w hps and 3 CFL's. I've been noticing a lot of drooping lately in both new and old growth, growth has also slowed down a lot. I was watering them each a tiny bit at around noon each day, but I have a feeling they may be suffering from root suffocation. I've just been using plain water and the potting soil doesn't contain any fertilizers so I don't think it's a nutrient issue. Can anyone help...? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414444839.044813.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414444859.845144.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414444881.431544.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414444908.396339.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. They look healthy, no signs of nute burn just a little over watered maybe. 
    Stop watering now until the top 1" of soil feels dry, also start to get a feel for the "weight" test for watering. If you pick it up, it should feel "heavy" for the amount of soil in the cup, and if you took another cup with the same amount of bone dry soil you'll notice it feels significantly lighter. 
    Those 2 methods combined should help with your watering schedule. 
    I killed my 1st grow attempt seedling before it was 1/2 a week old by over watering (and putting it in some nutrient hot soil)

3. Thanks! This is my first attempt at growing and I'm just trying to make sure I don't fuck it up too bad.

Looks good so far over-watering is probably the most common mistake for new growers, do you plan on transplanting or you going for a micro-grow?
    Also, you have drainage holes at the bottom of the cups right? 

5. I've got some five Gallon smart pots I plan on transplanting them into once they're big enough, and then I was going to attempt to scrog them out as much as possible during veg.

And yeah, I made sure to add a bunch of holes for drainage.

6. Also, raised my hps light about 10 inches.... I didn't realize how hot it gets and it was only about 8 inches away from the tops of my plants... It felt really warm even at the bottom of my plants, could that have something to do with it?

7. You want to avoid giving them a little water every day. You want to give them enough water that you get a little drainage(Make sure there is drainage). Then lift the cups. Familiarize your self with what they feel like when they are just watered. When they need water the cups should feel very light.

8. Thanks man. Any advice is much appreciated. I've been doing a ton of research online and even got a copy of The Cannabis Grow Bible, but any new info helps a ton. If anyone has any insight to the scrog method and when it's ok to start topping and training the plant I'm all ears....