need help with my dwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by dhead11111, Nov 29, 2015.

1. #1 dhead11111, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
    okay so Im new to dwc i planted this about 3 days ago and my bottom leafs are turning yellow what sould i do

Attached Files:

2. Stop watering from the top like that.

Have your water level right at the bottom of the netpot. The air bubbles popping should keep the hydroton moist enough. Provided you have an adequate air pump and stones.
    You want the roots to search for the water. Not constantly flood them with it.

3. should i been using just straight water

4. Yeah, but it shouldn't hurt to give it 1/4 strength nutes, since it's already sucking everything out of the cotys.
    More detailed info on your entire grow would be helpful.
    Tap water or RO?
    If tap, what are the ppms?
    What's the pH?
    What's the temperature of the water?

5. #5 dhead11111, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
    I'm use a ro water and a 400 watt led and my ppm is a around 400 and ph 5.8 I'm have trouble with keeping my water cool I'm trying to keep it around 17c but it reachs around 21 during the end of the day and I'm using technaflora for nutrients

6. That all sounds ok. 21c isn't too bad. 18c or 64-65f is perfect.
    I'd say your main problem right now is with the way you're top watering.
    I'm guessing that's part of a recirculating setup you've got going on. If so, get that watering tube down to just below the netpot. That's were you'll want to keep your water level at as well.

7. i can just take it off i have another one spraying from the side should i lower my ppm?

8. I wouldn't just yet. You don't want to make too many changes at once. See how it's doing in 24-48 hrs.
    If the leaf tips start to look burnt and crispy, then back it down a little. I'm only familiar with General Hydroponics nutes, but you may need a cal mag supplement for your RO.

9. i have some magical

10. I take my RO up to about 200ish ppms with GH calimagic prior to adding nutes. My RO comes out right at 7 ppm.

11. okay i really thank you for your help

about how long before i should start seeing roots come out the bottom of my net pot

12. A few days, but by constantly watering them they haven't needed to go searching. They may need a few days recovery before much happens. Just focus on how new growth is on the topside for now.

13. yeah as Crankz said, have the waterline just touching the net pot and don't water the clay balls. Roots can't grow down through the balls without plenty of oxygen and if you keep watering it, you are drowning it.

I would add your Ca & Mg supplement to your water to a ppm of 100 and then add your nutrients to bring it up to 300.

Your temperature are pH are fine. The yellowing and slow growth is from a lack of oxygen to the roots. Get your waterline just touching the bottom of the net pot, or an inch above it and with no watering from the top, the roots should be able to grow down through in a day or two.

How many litres of air per minute are you pushing through the water?

14. im using a Elemental Solutions O2 Commercial Pump 1157gph and I have 4 buckets

15. my two bottom leafs was yellow but they seem to be getting a little shade of green in them not but one of the has a brown spot about half the size of the bottom leaf should I be worried of should I give it a couple of more days to let it recover form all of that water I was giving it when I was top feeding it

16. That's about 73 litres per minute I think.

So it should be good for about 140 litres (37 US gallons).

I take it those buckets are 5 US gallons? If so then you are putting a good amount of air through the water.

I think you will see a difference within a few days

17. it seems to be growing pretty good but one of them bottom leafs is still turning brown more and it has like a leather texture (rough) to it should i do something to it or just let it be?

18. #19 Roph, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    ......could be from being bumped, nutrient spill, lack of light or start of nutrient issue.....need more info. Mobile nutrients are pulled from lower leaves when in short supply.......such as Nitrogen, Phos, etc....if general condition of the plant is good, no worries yet.....keep an eye on those temps....