Need help with my cab

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by popc0rn, Apr 9, 2015.

1. best pic I could take tonight. It was a bookshelf, I cut it down and added support as it was super wobbly. The top chamber will house the ballast and I will put eyelets underneath to hold the hood up. What do I do about a door/lightsealing and venting, though? It is around 3' tall mind you.

Attached Files:

2. Some ideas.

Cut the venting holes with a jigsaw or hole saw.  Some computer fans for ventilation.  Use waterproof caulking around the back to seal it up.  Buy a partial sheet of the cheapest 1/2 sheet good you can find and cut the door.  Face mound door with some hinges.  Some weatherstripping will help lightproof it.

3. You dont have much height, but you could get 2 buckets, place them side by side inside the cabinet, mark around them on the floor, and cut out holes in the floor so you can space the cabinet up off the floor, and drop the buckets into the holes so the fall to where there tops are even with the floor of the cabinet.
    Then you could run a feedline from the buckets the a reservoir hidden in a closet or something. Run a hydro grow, and you could have alot more height for your plants to grow. You would just need to really seal the buckets to the floor when sealing the cabinet up.