Need help with my 6ft tall plant, pics included

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by green89, Jun 3, 2010.

1. This is my bagseed plant that I have been growing since early March, it came from a batch of supposedly super silver haze and I now believe that is what strain it is as it has the same structure and it looks like it will take 12 weeks to flower. It is about 6 weeks into flowering now, under 250w HPS. I have tied it down as it was getting too big for my wardrobe, so I have drawn a red line to mark the main stem on 1 of the pics below.

The fan leaves have slowly started turning yellow and dying from the base upwards. It is in an 18 litre pot and I am currently watering every 3 days with 4 litres of spring water and 3ml of bio bloom. Am I under watering/feeding?

The soil in the pot seems quite dense, but there is no way I could transplant it at this stage, or is there? Some of the leaves look like theyve been nibbled. I had little black flies in my growroom a few weeks back, but they seem to have all gone now without any bug control :confused:

So any ideas on why the fan leaves are dying off and any advice on how to fix the problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. dont worry about it man. its what the plant does. its sucking nutes outta the lower leaves and killing them due to lack of light. it happens to everyone.but its a beautiful plant man. props

3. How big is that pot your growing in? Maybe shoulda transplanted so ya don't get rootbound but I dunno pics can be deceiving. :smoking:

4. rootbound is BS.theres a guy on another site that grows 60 grams in a 20oz soda bottle cut down to 16oz.thats not the issue

5. its an 18 litre pot. When I dig my fingers into the soil, I can feel and hear roots being torn even around the top edges of the pot. I don't necessarily think that is the main problem here, but I do think the plant will benefit from being transplanted somehow.

The only way I can think of doing this is by cutting the old pot off in pieces and building a new bigger pot around the rootball. I know that sounds ridiculous but theres no way I could transplant it the normal way. Can you think of any other ways I could do it?

6. plant need n it not close enough to crop to be ok need n bad

7. Most super silver haze's I have seen harvested (over then internet) have had very degraded yellow/brown looking fan leafs come harvest time.

8. Woh.... Translation please!?!

9. I would just remove the bad leaves, as long as it maintains fresh growth no big reason to worry.

10. plants in need of nitrogen if it was 3 weeks from harvest it would be fine
    but the buds are to small to be close enough for the nitrogen def to be ok
    nitrogen def will decease your yield

11. Ok I was kinda stoned when I read that originally :smoking:. I was reading "n" like ah rhastafarian not as a abbreviation for nitrogen.

12. a six footer under a 250hid is kinda silly the bottom 4 feet of growth ain't gonna yield fer shit as there not getting intense light.as faras transplanting I wouldn't with what u got goin now it aint gonna make a difference

13. got my super silver clone from a freind....not sure what seed bank tho. but it dropped nearly all its fan leaves with out me snippin any. bottom half looks completely barren as if i scrogged it. only blades left are near developed bud sites.

what im sayin is dont worry...SSH seems to drop them leaves like a drunk sluts skirt. but it does take forever and a month to finish.....hope urs being bagseed doesnt want an even longer flower period....that would just be a bummer

14. What if he trimmed a lot of the canopy to get light to the bottom do you think it would help the buds on bottom grow or is it too late?

15. bein a 250 they lose power fast its pretty much like hangin the light 7foot plus above the top.side lighting bout the only thing prob b worthwhile

16. The bottom of the plant is flowering still just not as much as the top. I will probably end up harvesting the top first and letting the bottom mature for longer. I suspect it might be a hermie anyway as its from a bagseed so alot of this plant will be used for making hash.