Need help with germination + early growth stage

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pokesmotallday, Sep 8, 2010.

1. I'm about to get 20 Lemon Haze seeds and I am completely lost on how to start them as plants. I know the basics of germination but what's the best system for starting young plants?

The seeds are unfeminized so we don't want to put any seedlings in our bubble buckets until we know they are female.

Can anyone please tell me from a to z what I should do with these seeds when I get them in a bit? Should I germ them in paper towels or in the rockwool? Once the seeds germ and I place in rockwool, what can I do with the young plants so I can then select the best ones for the buckets?

Listed below is everything we have on hand:

- about 20 rockwool cubes

- 3-part advanced nutrients (GMB)

- aquashield

- pH up and down

equipment we have is:

- 4 150 watt cfls and holders

- t5 600 watt badboy lighting system (currently has one veg plant underneath)

- 7 complete bubble buckets with 5" air stones

- extra airstones, both little cylinder types and rods

- 175 gallon air pump with 4 outlets

- small air pump with one outlet

- assorted aquarium tubing

- 35 gallon Rubbermaid tub with lid

Thanks

2. honestly dude, i used to fuck around with germinating, but now i just throw them bitches in some wet soil and bada bing bada boom weed sprout

3. thanks, we're doing hydro though so no soil. should i just stick 'em in rockwool?

4. i usually get a rapid rooter setup, there fairly cheap. i soak the rapid rooters in ph water, then poke a new whole and just pop the seed in there, and leave the lid on. you should leave the lid on until they sprout. mine usually sprout in 2-3 days. you can also use small rockwool cubes instead of rapid rooters. thats what i do. or you can just get a tupperware and put a wet napkin on the bottom them put the seeds on top, spread apart then put another wet paper towel on top and seal the tupperware.

5. not sure dude i dont fuck with hydro