need help with first grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by megatoker123, Jun 26, 2013.

1. hi, this is my first post so hello everyone! i am starting my first ever cannabis grow, i have 5 seedlings (4-purple maroc and 1-blue thai) i was planning on waiting until they were about a foot tall then plant them outside in a good place in holes in the ground filled with compost mixed with the existing soil, im going to surround the plants with wire mesh and slug pellets for obvious reasons. i have absolutely no idea what nutrients i should feed them and when, preferably easy to come by nutrients such as tomato feed. if there is anything wrong with this plan then please correct me. many thanks!

2. for vegatative growth you will want a higher nitrogen content than phosphorous and potassium and for flowering the opposite is true. i would stay away from "time release" nutrients as you have no control over how much or when your plants are fed. you should check out the stickies about nutrients at the top of the page and check out the organics section for all natural ways to fertilize. hope i helped good luck and happy growing!