Need help with Bugs and Soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HerbMasta, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Hey everbody, 

I'm working on my first grow and I've run into some issues.

Due to the fact that we are indoors, it's a perfect environment for pests and other bugs. I don't see anything yet on my plants (although i'm sure there are many bugs i phsycially can't see), but i want to be prepared when i need to eradicate any mites or other insects.

As this is my firts go-round, I'm not sure which brand or method is best for eliminating bugs.

Also, which soil do you all suggest I use? We have them in potting soil now but once they gain more root mass I want to transplant them into better soil.

Any suggestions or comments? Anything is appreciated

Thanks!!

2. Why do you think indoors is the perfect environment for pests? For the most part, indoor pest problem is usually a result from over-watering and humidity being too high. Gnats love humid places and constantly wet soil. If you have pets, they can bring spider mite eggs from outside. I wouldn't worry about it though, just don't over water and keep the humidity under 60%. But if you do get an infestation, get neem oil.

3. Use neem oil as directed once a month as a preventative measure. Or you can wait until an infestation occurs.

4. No pets at my house, I just thought since it was a stable environment that bugs and such would be able to live longer. It's my first grow so sorry if it sounds dumb haha.

Thanks for the suggestion on the neem oil, is it easy to find at the store?

5. Your local nursery should carry neem oil or at least some neem meal. You can easily make neem oil from neem meal.

6. Thanks man, I appreciate it

7. Neem oil is a safe way to go for preemptive. Personally i use insecticide meant for vegtables by pro care, i think. Used in small amounts with a spray bottle. Killed all mites and gnats i had in 3-4 days. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app