Need Help With Big Bud

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by justshowme1, Apr 21, 2010.

1. This is my 4g Big Bud grow. All my other grows produced excellent smoke! (so my husband tells me, I grow it, he smokes it). All the last grows produced leaves with 3-5 fingers. Grown under CFL's anf flowered under HPS 12/12. I took my clones on 3/25 and am growing these under 400w MH 24 hr light. The grow room temp is 70-75 degrees and humidity is 60-70%. I use Grow Big, Earth Juice and Bat Guano(N) in soil. (nicest looking ones yet!)The plants are 30 cm x 30 cm. These leaves are producing 7 fingers!! and my husband thinks I am MESSING UP his smoke!!! Will this change the plant? Will it be different? Will it change the smoke, THC levels, etc???? Also would it hurt the plant if I moved it to CFL's? Help!! Thanks

2. Maybe I can get these pics to post.

Attached Files:

3. youre fine, tell him to relax haha. 7 leaves is common sometimes 9 will show up, some plants just turn out bigger leaves with more fingers its definantly nothing to worry about, ive never grown big bud beofre, how does it treat ya? what kind of yeilds have you been getting?... hope this helps a lil.
    take it easy

4. also i dont believe plants can process 24hrs of light, youre best off going with 18 on 6 off for a veg state.

5. MH beats CFL's if that's what you're asking. CFL's just can't match up to the lumens per watt and the intensity of light.

I think the plants look great. Nice internode spacing, nice green foliage, very bushy. How are you messing up again? :p

6. The best schedule for growing is debatable, but 24/0 will work just fine for vegging.

7. He thinks that I changed his plants and his stuff wont be the same anymore. The plant on the left I want to turn into a mother. I just put 2 smaller ones in with the three leaves on it ( they are clones from same plant only 1 week younger than the bushy ones) i might take 2 more clones from them just in case. I think they are all the same, just alot healther than before. But being new to this, i"m not sure.

8. Well, I've heard Big Bud isn't as potent as some other strains, but the yield will more than make up for that. I've heard branches snapping from the weight of the buds before.

9. 5 to 7 blades are norm for the plant I think. I had one with 9 to 11 blades... I was told that this shows maturity of the plant, so it is a good news.

Good luck!

10. Do you have time to come screw mine up too?:D

Seriously, those plants look great! I have a NLxBB going with 9 finger leaves, good sign of a healthy plant.

11. Well, not getting to many answers, so he'll just have to be patient and see. He may find he likes it better. ( I Hope!)

12. Tell that lazy fuck to do it himself if you are so called screwing it up.... fuck him your doing great:hello:

13. BIG BUD is am afghan/skunk cross both commonly get lots of big leaf 11 or even 13 petals sometimes, your really just doing better by them and seein inproved growth patterns. The plants look excellent you'll want to lower humidity to 40-55 when budding kicks in good. max yield on those usually comes from main cola and about 5 0r 6 branches. not so productive when SOGed but not too bad. have fun and good growin!!

14. Thanks for the input. They keep getting better looking everyday. I actually have 2 seperate rooms that are converted. One of my laundry rooms is for seedlings and veg, the other is one of my extra bathrooms for flower. The humidity stays around 50% and the temp is 62-65 lights out, 72-80 lights on. The biggest problem I have is with my veg room right now. With the 400w light, I have a box fan on high blowing just under the light to help with heat. A small humidfier on high, and a small fan blowing the heat out the door. I can't keep the humidity up to 60-70% with leaving the door open, but if I close the door the temp rises almost up to 90 degrees but the humidity goes up. Any suggestions to be able to close door without it baking plants and have my humidity higher?

15. Vent your heat, check my journal as we have a similar set up. Also, the "proper" humidity levels are questionable. I live in a very dry climate and do NOT use a humidifier and my plants are healthy.

Your plants look just fine to me, tell him to stop stressing you out.