need help with a venting question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokinafatty, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Hello everyone, i am back today because i have a question about venting heat from my grow space. i will describe my set up to help everyone better understand what i am doing now. First, my grow space is a closet in my spare bedroom, i am not useing my whole room because it also contains my music equipment and recording software. The closet is roughly 6 feet wide by 3 feet deep by 8 feet high. I have two sections in mind for my new space. 1 is the top shelf for clones and vegging plants. this shelf is about 28 inches from the ceiling which is perfect for keeping my plants at 2 feet tall before flowering. Underneith is where I am flowering. i have about 6 feet in hight for this. while the top shelf is going to be on 24 hour light cycle the flower chamber will be set to 12/12. i am useing 2, 4 foot shop floro's a total of 4 bulbs for vegging. and 1 18 inch floro for the clones. i am useing a 600 watt Hps with a digital ballast for flowering. the ballast has 3 settings, 50%, 75%, and 100% for power. what was explained to me was that the seetings change the rang of the light to equal that of a 250 watt, 400 watt, and 600 watt system. I will be useing panda film to light seal the top shelf from the rest of the grow closet, and 1 bigger piece of panda film to light seal closet as well. I have 2 types of fans. I have a bathroom vent fan for my vegging shelf and a 6 inch squarlcage fan for my hps fan. the hps is a cool tube with the fan attached to the end behind the light its self. all grow medium is a hydrponic drip system. my question is this. if i vent both my exhaust fans through the ceiling into the attic, should this be suffecient enough to keep my grow space between 75 and 80 degrees? Plus maintain the right humidity levels? I have learned a lot from this site. and since my girlfriend has moved back to her old place. i want to start my garden on a small scale for my personal smoke. i am tired of paying these high prices. so any and all imput are welcome