Need help wiring a 600W Philips ballast

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by buddingcarl, Mar 19, 2013.

1. #1 buddingcarl, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    Hi everyone,
    I need some help wiring the 600W ballast for my first grow box. It came with absolutely no instructions and I want to be sure before I do something stupid.
    The ballast has a diagram stamped on top of it and four cord plugs. The way I initially wanted to connect it to the power outlet and to the lamp is shown in the first photo below. After some more researching I found a diagram on Philips' website and now I'm not sure at all how to wire the thing up. It appears that the ballast and the lamp should be connected in parallel but I have no idea which wire where to put. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. I can't see your enlarged pix, but take it back to the store and bitch like mad at them..lol

..is some very heavy volts on this, that will do you well, don't risk this sh!t

3. Well the first question is, do you want to wire it as a remote ballast, or does that not matter? Are the wires on the ballast labeled? Such as COMM, LIVE, LEAD, 240V, 220V, 110V, anything like that?