Need help using CANNA START

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by caliweeds420, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Hello fellow coco growers. I have a new bottle of canna start and a newly rooted clone that is ready to be watered today. This clone was taken as a cutting on 6-6-12, showed roots on 6-22-12 and was transplanted on 6-28-12. There are more details in my JOURNAL. I would like to know if anybody uses canna start, for how long people use it and thier dosage schedule. I looked around and did not find too much information on this product.

As you see my clone is already damaged from a bad day in the sun and possible nute burn from first 1/4 dose feeding. I don't want to cause anymore undue stress.

6-28-12
    [​IMG]

2. canna knows their shit and i would just do what is listed on the bottle. they say 15ml/gallon

my suggestion is to start at about 10ml per gallon, maybe even less depending on what your ec/ppm comes out to

do you have an ec/ppm meter?

that clone should be able to take a feeding as high as the donor plant was getting

3. Thanks for the quick reply. I am not using meters. Canna coco has been simple enough to learn without insturments so far. I'm on that "keep it simple stupid" phase. I just introduce new things to my plant slowly so I know what I did if my plant changes. I will feed 10ml today. I will try post here again later on how I used this product and its outcome.

4. sounds good

u using rhizotonic by chance?

5. Yes I am. I was going to add some to my feeding. It says canna start works good with rhizo on the canna site.

6. yup

i would use 10ml canna start and 10ml rhizotonic

im running canna coco a/b, rhizo and pk 13/14 for the first time and im lovin it

7. #7 caliweeds420, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
    Thanks. I'll try that. I am using a+b, rhizo, and cannazym on her mother. I am about to also introduce cal mag into her mothers diet. She is about four weeks into flower and looking good. That is why I wanted to start her clone off right with this canna start. Thanks for the info. Check out my journal if you have a chance.

8. do you use tap water or RO water?

the cal/mag is a good idea if your using RO

canna assumes people are using tap water w/ at least 200ppm/.4ec, much of that being ca/mg

for my veg, i always use about 3ml ca/mg just to get my RO water up to about 200ppm/.4ec

i cut the 3ml/gal ca/mg out in flower since the coco has pretty much built up its ca/mg bank

9. I am using tap water. I let it sit out a day before watering. I guess I should have bought the pk 13/14 instead of cal mag for the one in flower? I know I can't ask for too much info without giving more info so my next step will be to try and purchase some gages. I don't even have a thermometer in my box.

Again thank you for the post. I think I will use a small dose of the cal mag on the flowering one if it won't hurt it. It has three weeks till I start a flush on it.

10. sounds like a plan

if ya ever have any ?'s...... feel free to PM me

ill do my best to help ya

11. For sure. Thanks a bunch

12. Thought I would do a follow up on this thread in case somebody wants to see the results of my use if canna start. I did a second feeding yesterday with 12ml of canna start and 5 of rhizo. My plan is to give it one more feeding of 15ml canna start, then switch to a+b.

The plant is doing great with the dosage used so far since switching to canna start. It has finally taken off after a month of being taken as a clipping.
    ForumRunner_20120706_155022.png

13. Final review of canna start. Imo I think it worked great. I fed the plant one last dose of 15ml canna start by itself. It had no problem switching to a+b and cal mag. 1/2 dose after that. Here is how the plant looks now. Hope my follow up on this thread helps somebody someday.

ForumRunner_20120716_074802.png

14. It will. There's nothing simpler to use than a one part baby feed. What's the NPK on that stuff?

15. hy all. i'm starting now to use canna start in my coco slabs recirculating system. I germinated my seed out of the coco, and today i planted it in coco slabs. Im using full dose of canna start, my ec came out 0,7. do you think its ok?

16. What's the EC of your tap water and what's a "full dose" of canna start? How many mils per L?

Never grown on slabs before so can't help you much with that.

17. Full dose of canna start is 15ml per gallon. I started 5ml when I saw roots. Moved to half then full dose and worked well when I switched to a+b. That was hand watered in a gallon size bucket.

18. How did that work out for you buddy?

Or maybe someone else could give me some advise. I've germinated my seeds by scuffing with sand paper, sitting in a glass of tap water for 24hours (until they all sunk), placing in paper towels in a zip lock on a heat mat for 48 and then popping those popped seeds into Root riot blocks under a 2ft T5. It's my first proper grow and it's worked a treat 100% success! :hello: I've got 20 healthy looking seedlings. Until now I've just been monitoring the temp and giving em' tap water.

I now want to move then to my 20 site xstream aeroponics propagator. I've got a heater for the tank and ph/neut reading kit etc so all good. I also bought some Canna Start that I was going to start introducing to the tank but reading the Canna site it says the stuff is NOT suitable for 'recirculating systems' (CANNA Start | CANNA Gardening USA about 3/4 down), I believe that's what the xstream is so what now???? :eek:

Could anybody tell why this couldn't be used? What about if I kept the tank just water and had a spray solution with the Canna and supplemented the aeroponics with a spray or two of the neut solution???

Or shall I get something else?

Any advice on this and the ideal conditions (ie PH & water temp) for the xstream would be gratefully appreciated! The little ladies NEED a new home!!!

One more question, I believe it is cool to just leave the Root riot block where they are both in the xstream and when transferred to Coco pots???

Cheers in advance. :smoking: