Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help to avoid swallowing smoke

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MasterShake666, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Let me set the scene for you. Just 10 minutes ago, I pack a fairly sized bowl, feeling a bit cocky. I take a nice meaty rip out of this bowl and I hold for 3 seconds. I blow it out and everything is fine, but 2 seconds later I realized "I swallowed smoke". I start coughing a shit ton and I feel like i'm gonna throw up so I have to hold off burping for a while. And while i'm sitting here with tears in my eyes I wonder how the fuck does this happen? Is there something I need to be doing, or not doing?

It got me fucked though :smoke:

2. uhhh, dont swallow... the smoke ;]

inhale, hold it, and exhale.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I didn't though, I was inhaling like usual. I smoke nearly every day and I have this problem once every 3 weeks or so.

4. Oh and btw your picture is actually the album cover of Spiritual Apocalypse by Monstrosity.

5. I've been trying to figure out where I downloaded it from for at least a year now, thanks rofl. It's not the same as the CD cover, its the raw image without the text so I wasn't able to find the original, thanks.

6. #6 WeedBratton, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    I feel like there's no way to break down more then this: Step 1 - Don't inhale the smoke, Step 2 - Profit.

I'm more inclined to believe that you're misdiagnosing your "swallowing" of smoke, and that you're just taking super-big hardcore rips that you're not used to. Not to say you're a noob smoker, just that we've all taken that bong rip (more often bongs the anything else) that was just a little too big, and felt like death afterwards, the way you describe your situation leads me to believe such a thing.

7. If you're scared of swallowing smoke you probably shouldn't be smoking in the first place, its bound to happen.

• Like Like x 2

8. Ummm no, that's like saying if you're afraid of inhaling food you just shouldn't eat altogether. It's not hard to control your bodily functions people.

9. Once every 3 weeks? Sounds like an extremely painful terminal disease. Idk how to help, other than to pass along my regards. Best of luck to you friend.

10. it's like breathing bro. not hard.

11. Well, I feel better once I burp, so that makes me think I swallowed smoke. And honestly, I smoke problem free most of the time, so it's not like i'm still learning how to rip a bong. I think it's just some weird thing that only happens to me.

12. I'm not quite sure the connection you are trying to make, comparing food to smoking is a long stretch. If you don't eat you die, smoking is something you choose to do.

13. #13 WeedBratton, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    I'm not saying you don't know what your doing, but it sounds more like you're taking big-ass hits, but then again, I wasn't there and I'm only going off of your account. I feel like it's a more common mistake to take a extra-big rip from a bong then it is to swallow smoke. Maybe you're getting so blazed you fuck up a bong rip every now an then and accidentally swallow, or maybe it's the same situation and you just accidentally take a rip that's just a little too big.

I don't know man, I just find it hard to believe that an experienced smoker, breather, and eater, accidentally swallows a bong rip every three weeks. The "symptoms" you described could work for both situations, so I'll leave to you to decide.

The connection that I'm trying to make is that of absurdity, if every time you inhale you're not sure whether you'll be bringing air (or whatever else you like to inhale) into your lungs or into your stomach, then maybe your problem isn't so much smoking pot, as it is gaining control of bodily functions that even babies can manage.

14. Thanks, i'll try to tone down the bowls a bit and see if it works out. Also thanks for the actual useful info instead of arguing over how stupid I am ;)

15. Man up it happens (just happened to me like 5 minutes ago). Just smoke another bowl and forget about it haha.

16. just pretend your bowl is a straw and your drinking some nice warm milk!

17. Naw man, when I first started to smoke I would "swallow" the smoke all the time. Not on purpose of course just would end up burbing 3 minutes later, smoke comes out, feel stoned as fuck. Never felt like I was gonna die though or anything, the herb has always been kind to me, unless you count that time I used a g-bong, but that is a different story...

18. Dude, anyone with a name that includes both an ATHF reference and a satanic reference, on top of a Mr. Mackey avatar, will get nothing but my best intentions.

19. That's not really directed toward anyone, much more of a hypothetical situation.

20. Oh, alrighty then :p