Need help sexing pls?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CJUD4, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Hi Everyone

This is my first grow.

Using soil and CFL's 18/6hrs lighting.

Plant is about 12 weeks old now.

Can you please help me sex him / her?

Attached Files:

2. do some research... you dont get any signs of sex until flowering. yours are showing NO sign of sex. u MUST enter the flowing phase (12 hrs of light 12 hours of dark) before you see any signs of sex.

if you want to determine the sex without flowering your whole plant. make a cutting (clone) and flower it or put a black plastic bag over one of the shoots for 12 hours per day and flower the individual shoot.

3. So you cant sex em before u put them into 12/12?
    No pre-flowers ?

4. Yes, I believe some strains do show pre flowers before switching to 12/12. He should do his research huh?! Lol. Anyhoo, I think it's way easier/quicker to tell from going 12/12. I can't see any signs of sex here, but I'm a newbie too, so could be wrong! :smoking:

5. lmao i giggled.

6. Read my link on sexing. You are being told BS by newbies who have never done a grow.

7. that's true, you can't determine the sex until they start flowering ..your plants aren't showing anything yet

you could take cuttings and put them under 12/12, they'll quickly start flowering which will tell you the sex of the plants

8. I have had pre flowers unde 24/0 but it took around 40 days from germination to get there. 12/12 is the fastest way of getting sex to show.