Need help setting up a grow room, n00b here.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by QP3, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Ok. Im a patient in michigan and i want to start my grow op. I probably will start with 24-36 plants( me and a few patients). I have about 6k to spend on the setup, but can spend more if it is worth it ( higher yeilds, higher ease of use, etc). Im going to rent out a house soon, and was wondering whats the best way to go about getting high quality and high yeilds. Probably thinking hydro, i want like 4 ounces a plant. So what lights, c02, tents, non-tents, or whatever should i do? Thanks guys! plus rep for answers!@

2. i want to be the president of the United States... tell me how to do this and I want to be the best president ever...

While most would love to help you.. you have to make some very basic decisions on your own...

at least you have a budget.. thats good

What strain helps with your problems... this determines part of Yield...
    what wattage's are you planning on going with? second half of yield
    size of rooms that your growing in?
    you have to pic soil or hydro...

ALL growing is going to be labor intensive.. no matter what...

just saying I want 4 oz's a plant is so vague...

3. Ok thanks for the help.

I want to do HYDRO. I want a HIGH wattage light system, one of those special types that people talk about here (HPS??). Probably at least 1000 watts. Havent found the house yet, but the whole house will be dedicated to the grow so i will probably have a good variety of rooms. More then likely going to use a basement, divide it into a flower and grow. My strains will be changing, but i will prob start off with BUDDA and some Sour diesel. I want c02 if it increases the yeilds. Thanks guys ! plus rep for the guy above!

4. Get your feet wet first!

Start with something simple like a DWC setup and maybe 1-6 plants under a 600w. You should make sure you actually like doing it yourself before you burn up that budget. Don't start big... there is a lot to learn first!

Just my humble opinion... not knocking your plans

:cool:

5. okay ill get you a list of equipment.

but this is a suggestion,

not something you should just go out and buy.

with 6k, you can create a ROOM not a tent but a ROOM for growing.

The list im going to give you is just around 1200$ no need to spend 6k on some growing stuff.

but its going to involve work, its some DIYs but simple enough for anyone to do.

First off your going to need a tent, or some wood to build up a nice little panda film covered walls.

but i would get a tent, its the best choice and not very expensive.

Any ways.

you say your in michigan?

go here

and save money

High Tech Garden Supply
    7889 Telegraph Rd.
    Taylor, MI 48180
    (313)908-7445

and bring a list of these things:

HTG Supply - GrowBright Premium 1,000 watt High Pressure Sodium Grow Light With Cooled Hood.
    HTG Supply - GrowBright 6" Tall Boy Inline Fan & Charcoal Filter Combo
    HTG Supply - Grow Tent - Size L 56 x 56 x 78 - Silver Lined
    HTG Supply - CAP Day/Night Temperature Control - TMP-DNe
    HTG Supply - Hydroton 5 Liter Bag
    HTG Supply - Dual Diaphragm Air Pump
    HTG Supply - General Hydroponics 2 Pack pH Up & Down dry
    HTG Supply - GH Flora Series Liquid Concentrate
    HTG Supply - GH Diamond Nectar
    HTG Supply - GH FloraKleen - Quart
    HTG Supply - Growbright 6 Inch Clip-On Fan
    HTG Supply - 6" Flexible Ducting - 25 Feet
    HTG Supply - 250 GPH Submersible Pump for Hydroponics Systems
    HTG Supply - 1/2" Double Barbed Tee x10
    HTG Supply - 1/2" Barbed Elbow x10
    HTG Supply - 4" Air Stone x8
    HTG Supply - Sunleaves Air Tubing 20ft
    HTG Supply - Sunleaves 1/2" Black Tubing - 50' Roll

Then follow these two simple DWC guides.
    Choose which one you want.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/600352-budslingers-recirculating-bubble-buckets.html
    http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/121335-lets-build-bubble-bucket-*step-step*.html

6. If you wanted input on what to grow, I grow a medical quality smoke, 'el nino', I grow in compost/perlite mix in 2 gallon pots, 1 plant per pot and regularly pull 12oz cured weight from each. Its one of the highest yeilders I've grown and if smokes sooooo smooth.

7. DANM man , 12 oz????? Holy shit how long you let them go?

8. Thanks very much! +rep !!

9. I agree that would be smarter and better, but i kind of need to start big just because of the situation. BUT i do have a lot of green thumbs around my way who can come over and help if any problems arise. +rep for help!

10. #10 hippohead, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011
    around 9 weeks but I crop when the colours right, milky/amber . A good rolling crop, I planted up about 4 weeks apart so it crops monthly. (all personal of course) Nearly forgot to say, you can pull at least 30 o/z /month on a 9 plant cycle, that should keep you going.

pm me if you want any advice, freely given

11. Good to hear and best of luck!

12. Holy moly sure will. Thanks!

13. Since you have such a big budget, ditch the 1000 watt HPS bulbs and get LED panels. They may cost a bit more but you will not need to cool them and will save LOADS on electricity. This 300 watt panel uses 300 watts but is brighter than the 1000 watt HPS.

HTG Supply - 300 Watt High Powered Tri-Band LED Grow Light

14. #14 QP3, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011

So would this give me a higher yeild? Also, would this be for veg or flower? Finally, how many plants you think i can stick under it? What type of hood would you put it with?

Or what about pairing it with an 1000 watt HPS as well?

15. Stick with HPS lighting. I use 2 600s and a 400. One 6 over each table and a 4 between them. LED's may be the future, but HPS works every time. Not worth the cash at this point (IMHO). I haven't seen a full LED grow that was good enough to cover the cost yet.