NEED HELP (Seed Issue)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tuko007, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Hello there im having this problem and neeed wise advise from all you guys ... heres the scenario the Friday the seed went into the soil for about 1'' today i went into the soil to see what happend but i saw the seed just lying there, so i took it up and theres no sign of any changes so now im trying to bring it back to life putting it in a cup of water, what should i do ?
    Thank You.

2. You should read up on seed germination.
    I put them in a container with wet cloth to germinate.

3. Push it into the soil and keep the soil moist. It'll go.

4. Don't dig up the seed to see how it's doing, let nature do it's thing. Like mrsmichigan said keep the soil moist, and it'll grow.

5. ok, so back into the soi?l because right now is sinked in a glass of water, mayebe it had not enough preasure from the soil ....

6. I wouldn't leave it in standing water for long, it'll drown. A moist paper towel in the dark will work, but when they root sprouts you carefully move it to soil. I've had awesome luck getting the root to sprout that way and horrible luck after that in soil. I just o straight to soil and keep it moist for the whole germination now. If it gets to be 3 weeks and I see nothing ill dig them up and see what's what. If the seed hasn't cracked in soil there's no timer for how long you must get them to root by. Seeds last for years, just keep they soil moist and it'll pop out.

7. [quote name='"tuko007"']ok, so back into the soi?l because right now is sinked in a glass of water, mayebe it had not enough preasure from the soil ....[/quote]

If you choose to follow mrsmichigans advice of the paper towel method (I also recommend), wait until you see the tap root. Plant taproot down, plant 1/4" down, cover with your soil, and fully saturate your soil.

With this method, I see a tap root in 24-36 hours, and have a sprout 2 days after planting.

8. Did you just stick it in the soil? No germination?

9. sorry no answer till now had some thing going on, thing is i left it in the cup of water hoping to see it sprout, but the only thing that happend was it got like this wierd plasma looking layer all over it does this mean that its rotten or something ?

10. How long was it in the water?

11. Maybe they drowned. I have never had this problem before

12. They were in the water too long.

A while back, I put bagseeds into a glass of water and deliberately let them go to see what would happen. And they developed the "plasma" like shit around every seed.

If anyone knows the technical term, please by all means correct me :p

13. Id also like to know, lol

14. Is it normal that the seed leaves a green mark on the paper towell? Hehe matebe im dealing with a corpse of a dead seed lol ...