NEED HELP!! Robbed by someone I know via AT&T/new contract w/ free phones

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by NFloyd2357, Mar 10, 2012.

1. The only part I see where you fucked up is agreeing to do this.
    Obviously he'd do it on his own if he knew what he was doing.
    I can guarantee you he made you his little guinea pig to test this out, and is either craigslisting the phones, using a 3rd party that buys old phones, or is doing something with them personally with another associate.

This is your friend?

2. #22 NFloyd2357, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
    please just read 2 more short things to the left of this:
    -my post count
    -my join date.

That being said, the following statements, for the above reasons, DO hold some validity, which i know the majority of the blades here will agree with:

- Seriousness is a HUGE priority here. it doesn't mean we don't have fun, either. it just means we are very serious, especially since a HUGE number of posts are asking for help and knowledge on a drug, which therefore requires serious answers. usually, around here, serious stuff gets treated seriously.

-second: with that attitude, writing for your own enjoyment and whatnot, you arent gonna last long around here anyways so i very well could be wasting my time... though there has been other new members that acted this way, i called out, and they ended up changing up and being some cool members after reading the rules, so i guess all hope isnt lost.

-finally: what is this massive thing with homophobia, or maybe the opposite in wanting to see me eat this sandwich so bad. Id rather just eat some tasty whitecastle burgers.

now, again i ask politely... please just leave this thread unless you have something to contribute

believe it or not, its actually the opposite. in fact, thats why he needed me- b/c hes done it so much he obviously cant under his name. in fact, hes had so many other people do it, apparently, that most of the stores (of that particular chain) in my state know him and are under orders to refuse business w/ him (as they know what he does lool)

but i do agree with the end, as to what/how/where hes selling them. i dont think they went to the store we drove to to sell em. or maybe he did and just lied about what he was getting for em... very sketchy how he wouldnt let me go in, and even said the reason was because it was illegal... i even said to him. "dude, (as of now, anyways), nothing about this is illegal. those are under my name, and we're selling them. perfectly legal. if something about this is illegal, can i please just have them to sell myself, legally, at a pawn shop?" at which point he started freaking out and getting very angry again... such a hot head, and im such the opposite - really didnt want any drama, didnt wanna fight... at the same time i wanted to maul him lol, for literally stealing them at that point, since he wouldnt let me do what i wanted with them, even though i told him id get his money, just let me do it how i want

3. At some point meaning, no sooner than 9 months from now.

4. I could care less how much time you have wasted on this site, you think that's supposed to be impressive? Quite the opposite actually

I will continue to use this website how I please and dont for a second think your 'reputation' around here will entice me to do otherwise.

5. thanks for helping... why no sooner? may i ask...

dude, really? you're still doing this? give it up... i need somebody to post a "dont feed the troll," pic since i apparently cant take my own advice. pretty obvious though... 'smurf' in your name and all... gosh im a fool, you win

and, well... i don't exactly find my "wasted time," here impressive, but... i do find the tradeoff/what has come as a result to be pretty impressive. without going into too much detail, im a writer... needless to say, if you know anything about how internet/social networking, etc, works, youd know how my large number of posts here directly affect my profit margins from what ive written elsewhere. not to mention, what im most passionate about, has already gained a number of followers, early advocates/read already- bunch of people i would actually call, in some way, my friends/buddies here, have already started reading excerpts from my book and also collection of short stories. love the feedback i get on them, songs, poems, lyrics...

holy hell what is wrong with me? man i gotta stop getting high, makes me do foolish shit and talk to foolish people. thanks to pretty much everyone else and their help tonight! feel free... actually, i encourage lol, more advice, any thing that may help! thanks again blades, love ya'll (most yall lol)

6. OKKKK Mr. Bankruptcy, let's leave it at that.

And I'm no troll, I just dont particularly care for you.

7. Things not eligible to be forgiven by bankruptcy: "Credit purchases of luxury goods or loans or cash advances of $1,150 or more that occurred within 60 days of filing; debts owed to a single creditor of more than $500 for luxury goods purchased within 90 days of filing; cash advances of $750 made within 70 days."

Source: Consumer Action :: Personal Bankruptcy - Your financial fresh start (English)

Because if you file any sooner than that, this particular incident, you'll be fully accountable for. Well, you might be able to get away with 6 months if you can manage to assert that AT&T isn't really a creditor.....but I wouldn't count on that. Ask your lawyer about it.

8. #28 NFloyd2357, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
    hmm.. thanks for the info, thanks a bunch. well, based off thr first line, it cant be that, bc it isn't more than 1550 (its just the phones if i file right away, only a large anioint componded ovef time;;;;;, ughm i dk, im just soooo unsure, and i realllly wish my uncle didnt have to find out, especially becuase hes dealing with some EXTREMELY serious shit for me now, keeping me outta jail... i really hope this isnt very illegal... wow... if theres a way, id honestly just like to rat on this kid if what can happen is extemely serious.... im gonna have to find a way to show i was forced into it, if anything extremely serious comes baout - really dont wanna be arrested for this! lol woowwww, something i honestly felt threatened to do, not entirely (really at all) willing..

i just found this on my computer (woke up outta nowhere a few mins ago - turns out i fell asleep halfway through shit, including this post. so im not tpp sure what i was writing - im still in that weird, not asleep not awake, cant think straight, state, lol - so ill just post this since it was whats written and i cant make sense of anything!!! ill be back to write more, dno when)

OH YEAH! [edit]

i was talking about how/if this qualifies/dont have to pay once filing bankruptcy... it doesnt seem like, with the amounts, that i wouldnt be able to do it immediately. first one says 1150... wont be that high unless i DO wait, right? as of now, its just the phones (free), and whatever the cancellation fee is. the more than $500 im not sure about, but, in theory anyways, the 'luxury items' (ie, thefree phones wont be $500 or more... though a cancellation fee? not sure... $750? well... explained by last one's logic i think...

ugh, im just praying to god for the best possible outcome for me, also, i forget who said it, but yeah man i dno what was up w/ me... super greedy wanting t oget a 3rd phone for myself! lol. sounding like the kid who made me do all this now!! definitely not doing that... really just hoping i can have this over and done with asap! (o hope they did bring it to the store im thinking so i can send the police there ( since it'll have the same serial numbers n shit... i sitll got all the info, sim cards, etc) but im thinking he mita just never went in and met his buddy or something. ughhhhh i dont pray much but ima start, hope something makes me a believer! (a catholic something-or other show just ended, and a Knights Templar one just started... maybe the beginning to a sign! lol)

9. Call and report the phones stolen. Hopefully you used some brains and got insurance on them.

You want some advice? Cut the shit & Stop using drugs (im not talking weed). You lack common sense in your post and your amount of debt. Take all of this how you want to.

10. i appreciate it, i really do, right down to the tough love. not that it means anything, but i have cut the drugs, including weed. my post doesnt make sense because a combination of being tired, and not even comprehending the situation myself anymore, shit just got so wacked/outta control. unfortunately, these are the residual/leftover affects of when i was using hard drugs... trying desparately to end it all, not just using, but the whole shitty lifestyle that comes with it. shit was just starting to get better with a couple months fully clean - but, this certainly feels like a blast from the past and brought me right back to the stupid shit i was doing... if i was still using, i wouldnt even give 2 fucks right now what was going on... now im freaking out, panicking, and, though im pretty sure im really overreacting with the jail part, im still petrified considering i, again, from when i was using, have gotten extremely lucky not getting in much trouble with a felony possession and a misdemeanor... fuckk man i am in an absolute state of panic right now idk what to do. even if he calls me this morning and doesn't completely burn me... ive burned myself with this godawful decision, idk what i was thinking... my logic at the time was "i have no credit, thats all they can go after, so who gives a fuck...." shit man im freakin....ughghghghghg

11. For starters, stop hanging out with anyone shady. Stop doing scams. Accept your fate and take it in the ass a few times. No, not in jail. You say you've got writing skills? Well write, dammit. And get a second job. Get the fuck off the internet and stop smoking pot. Move back in with your parents or your uncle if you have to. Hopefully what you owe is under $10,000.

12. Dude

Just wow

They're just phones

And your doing all this why planning to file for bankruptcy
    And have shit tons of CC that don't work
    And your doing illegal stuff
    Or so it sounds like it

I see something wrong here
    But idk
    man
    I didn't really bother to understand your post but your in some shit you coulda easily avoided

Sell your kidney to pay everything off

13. im doing what i can man, but if they want it all at once, im done. trust me, id rather just pay it... i wanna take care of it legitimately... but, unless they can work some payment plan, i have no way of paying it... especially since i'm still trying to get a job. already live w/ my mother. What i owe w/ the phones/what happened yesterday is under 10k... my total debt though is probably somewhere around there.

yes, something is wrong. the non-working CC's are a dead giveaway... of the EXACT REASON i need to claim bankruptcy! lol... im in massive amounts of debt... not because i did something wrong (well, i did, but nothing illegal, just financial) but because, well... just that, im in serious debt, so my cards, being unpaid and over the limit, obviously don't work. maybe i didn't understand your post b/c of the grammer/spacing, idk. and, yes, i know, i could have really easily avoided it. Thats why im so upset, ashamed... everything, you name it. I was finally starting to pull shit together and get things back in order... i cant believe i did something stupid like this, falling back to my old ways that got me in trouble in the first place, but... idk, not getting the shit kicked outta me and finally having this shit paid off, at the time, sounded excellent... especially already knowing my fate w/ bankruptcy... i just figured (which, again, still might be the case... thats why im asking for help) it'd get washed with the bankruptcy claim. and yea, they're just phones... i don't think ATT will see it that way though... they'll see it as "its money, and we're a business... pay up or we'll sue ya, bitch!" lol... so.... yea. fuckkkkkkk man fuck. i don't need the ridicule anymore, im doing that myself. really was just hoping i could get some advice as to what's probably going to happen, and whether or not i will be able to avoid it through filing for bankruptcy. Also wasn't sure if anybody had info on whether this is a matter i can take to the cops, as, it was done extremely heavily against my will. i was threatened to do it, with physical attacks and all. i really had no choice- and i was outnumbered 3-1 in the car

14. God damn, I'd wish people would stop telling you to stop fucking up, when obviously you know you are. Anyway, I think the most important thing is how much AT&T is going to charge you for cancelling a 2 (or 3 idk don't feel like rereading) year contract. I'm pretty sure if it's over 1,150 you're fucked either way and you'll have to repay them (because you gave them your SSN, right?) Idk, it's 7 am and I haven't been to sleep, I'll revisit this in a couple hrs.

15. thanks man - i checked online quick n it seemed like they're gonna charge $700 total... hopefully i can figure somethin out cuz theres no way in hell i can pay it... at least not all at once

16. I didn't read everything but where I stopped it seemed like you sucked some dick to pay him off

17. Well if you were truly coerced under the threat of death or serious bodily injury, perhaps you could go to the police.

18. You said you got robbed? How do you think he feels when you dont pay him back?

19. 1- chapter 7 or bankruptcy does not mean you no longer have to pay money you owe if it did everyone with bad credit/bills would just do the same thing!

2- The second you cancel the contract all the phone on all the lines ESNs will be blacklisted and will no longer work so do not bother trying to get a third phone!

3- At&t will bill you $325 for each line canceled and the full price of both phones (you said they were like $200 used so prolly like $400-$500 each)

20. #40 NFloyd2357, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
    thanks for one of the first legit/helpful responses... damn dno how the hell im gonna cover that. online it said they'd charge me $300 per line

as far as the credit/bankruptcy... that's exactly why i (and most others) am filing for it lol... ive already worked with a lawyer, it covers my credit card bills, and after talking with him recently, it should cover what at&t hit me with too. theres no other reason to file bankruptcy