Need help right now please!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nunyabizs, Jul 19, 2012.

1. So iv had my baby in flowering for almost a month, bit of a lait bloomer but she finnally produced trycomes and is now budding, HOWEVER I just went to inspect and found several leaves had become wrinkly and had had brown translucent spots all over, WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BABY??? Ill post pics in a minute

2. Could you get a picture of the plant itself instead?

3. Seriously, anyy suggestions? Iv had nute burn before but idk if this is the case here or if its somthing else, either way any advice, = mucho appreciated

4. is that foil on the walls? could be getting hot spots

5. I juust had a small patch on the botom cause those teirs needed light, but EVERY tip on EVERY leaf is just a teeny bit yellow, and iv got an entire leaf formation on the second or third teir from the top that's got big yellowish brown super dry spots. I did over nute a little bit recently so I figured that was all but this thin brown translucent leaves thing is new

6. Looks like a slight nutrient burn, but nothing too severe.

Was that picture taken right after your plant was watered (an hour or two or three ago)?

The hole in your plant's leaf looks more like it was eaten by an insect rather than initiated by the plant as a result of a deficiency or other internal issue. If you haven't already invested some time or energy into considering pest prevention it might be a good time to start, because prevention is the key to having peace of mind with pest problems.

My mixture per quart of water is as follows

1/2 tsp neem oil
    1/4 tsp Dyna Gro Pro-TeKt
    3 tsp aloe vera

Apply to your plant every third day (about twice a week) for three weeks and stop once you're two weeks into flowering. Apply at the end of the photoperiod (light cycle) as sunlight degrades the effects of neem oil.

Pest problems will be a thing of the past.

PS

If you're into getting a little extra prevention from insects, as well as providing an amazing amendment and source of microbes for your plant, I'd look into neem seed meal http://www.groworganic.com/neem-seed-meal-5-1-2-6-lb-box.html it really is great stuff.

7. So you think its just slight nute burn? Should I flush it or leave it for now? Also I watered it yesterday, those bottom tears have been droopy for quite a while and I have no clue why. Pest prevention I havnt done really, basically iv had a clean room though it'd make sence if it was eaten since the door got left open the otherday. Ill deffinantly check out neem oil and such, though I'm well past two weeks flowering.

8. Pretty sure it's nutrient burn,

what nutrients are you using, how much, and how often?

9. I'm just useing regular miracle grow for tomatoes, I'm useing about a tbsp per gallon and I was useing them every 3-4 days, maybe a quarter of a gallon at a time, probably less, though come to think id like to say I had a couple days in a row when I used nutes.... just before all this, sooooo should I flush the soil?

10. Well, no one said anything, and if it IS nute burn (which I myself suspected) the flush with a gallon of purified water I just did shoouulllddd. Do the trick, I hope, but ill keep yah posted if the problem persists

11. #14 DriftingApart, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2012
    The thing about chemical nutrients is, you want to give your plants half as much as the instructions recommend, in this case you want to be giving them half a tablespoon.

Even though you're giving them a little bit of nutrients at a time, the concentration of those nutrients is too high and is causing nutrient burn. The plants need to receive the nutrients in a more diluted version so that they can utilize it without having an overabundance.

If the conditions continue to get any worse, I'd flush the soil out with 3 gallons per one gallon of soil, otherwise I think she'll be fine, just cut back on the nutrients by half (and slowing add more) and give her regular water (without nutrients) every other watering.

12. Good looks bro, the problem has been going on for a bit and since until the other night at first (but reallly noticible pickup as of today) I went ahead with the flush, (not like I'm gonna drown her at this stage) and ill deffinantly take your advice on scailing back the nutes. THANK YOU! I saw those spots and kinda bugged (she's been growing for 5 months, to lose her now...... id cry) so you have assauged my fears, confirmed my suspicions (more or less) and immparted some valuable advice and info, and for that, you get the pothead of the year award