need help please ph prob

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chad0200, Aug 30, 2011.

1. :hello:ok i washed everything with blech and washed out with water 3 times im running a 22 gallon under current hydro system i tested the water last night and it was 5.8 got up today and it was 8 y and what do i do help please

2. There are several chemicals used by the hobby gardener to adjust pH. The most popular are phosphoric acid (to lower pH) and potassium hydroxide (to raise pH). Both of these chemicals are relatively safe, although they can cause burns and should never come in contact with the eyes. Most hydroponic supply stores sell pH adjusters that are diluted to a level that is reasonably safe and easy to use. Concentrated adjusters can cause large pH changes and can make adjusting the pH very frustrating.
    Several other chemicals can be used to adjust the pH of hydroponic nutrient solutions. Nitric acid and sulfuric acid can be used to lower pH but are much more dangerous than phosphoric acid. Food grade citric acid is sometimes used in organic gardening to lower pH.

I'm no hydro guy but this should help.

3. got the stuff for the ph up and down just wanted to know why it spiked and what i can do so it wont happen again thanks for the info though

4. o im a dirt guy to just friend had one before he moved and his under current system gave him 2 times more then my dirt even with same seeds and light cause we had same setup but my was dirt at the time and he did hydro so i wanted to try it out more work then i thought though

5. It's usually the nutrience that makes the pH spike bad nutes/nute overload, that kinda stuff.

6. havent put any nuts in yet i know better they only about a week old 3 sets of leaves wanting for one more set to feed thats what my friend said and he asked if it slimmy in the buckets and its not so he dont know either

7. Ah the drift... Ya my water does the same thing. You will notice in your system that as you add plants the ph may jump quite a bit from day to day. My ph is always drifting upwards so I have to add some ph down but its no biggie. More than likely the ph spike is caused by the aeration from the airstones in the water.... but thats not always the case, especially once you start to add your nutrients.

8. ok thanks thats was prob it just add my babies then it spiked thanks i was worried it seems to be stable now ill check it later but my babies like there new how they got there new sets of leaves starting that make 3 true set that mean almost feeding time they grow real fast i only used voodoo juice to start them in rockwool cubes they only 4 days old and 3 sets of leaves thanks again for the info

9. i only used 1/4 of what the voodoo juice called for and that counting the soak time in water for 8 hour or intill the seeds sunk the floater didnt sprout

10. You can check your ph every hour on the hour if you want to... but I will advise you to only correct the solution once a day. I only check mine every morning and then correct it back to as close to 5.8 as I can. Checking it and adding up or down multiple times throughout the day will not be beneficial to you or your plants. Good luck dude!

11. thanks alot for that last one didnt think about it that way thanks alot