Need help. Plant has white spots on it.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by PinkyWinky, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great Christmas and new year!

I have a northern light Auto growing on my balcony and it doesn't look too happy recently.

I noticed some white spots on the leaves and it doesn't look like spider mites. I sprayed it with soapy water 2 days ago just to be safe but today a new one popped out.

I also noticed a bit of nutrient burn and flushed it with ph'ed water already.

But if anyone know what could possibly caused the white spots please let me know.

Thank you all very much. :)

Attached Files:

2. calcium/mag deficiency i think.

3. Thanks mate! I'll do some research on that. The strange thing is that I've been giving it calimagic supplement everytime I water it.

4. NOTHING wrong with your plants. Looks like something just got splashed onto the plant and changed the color. You're not foliar feeding are you? One thing I see is that you're growing in some soil that has what looks like no perlite in it. Drainage is super important to keeping these plants healthy and most soils we grow in are loaded with perlite. Not sure what you're using here, but make sure you're getting seriously excellent drainage when you water and always let them dry out to nearly dead dry between watering episodes. But nothing wrong here at all. TWW

5. Hi TWW! Thanks for the reply man! It's a relief to hear that, I really appriciate it!

Nah not doing foliar feeding, so I don't think it's splash or anything. This is a weird one so maybe I'll just wait a few days and see what happens. Hopfully everything's fine. (fingers crossed)

I'm using pure coco as growing medium, didn't mix with perlite. I read on the forum that for coco grow, the first week or two water and let dry so the roots grow better, once the roots are fully established then I can water more often.

To be honest this is my first grow so yeah still a lot to learn. Also the plant even at this stage, kinda smells a bit when I get really close and sniff it. So I put 5 pots of different fragrant herbs around it. But it's really fun watching it grow! :D