Need help! Pics inside

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by moobie, Aug 23, 2009.

1. I started a cfl mini grow. I bought two clones off a friend, and decided to use MG Organic Soil ( 10-5-10). I dont have an inline fan just yet. But me and a friend managed to make it closed pretty good to keep the light in and the plants started to wilt a little.. is that lack of oxygen or a shock?
    http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4032/babiesy.jpg
    Thats a picture of the grow, theres 5 CFL lights, right now they're in a smaller pot but we plan on putting them in a big pot to SOG it. Any advice on the wilting or any advice on my set up.
    Thanks!

2. It's nearly impossible to see anything but the light in your pic. Try again.

MG soil (Oh boy). This is at least the 3rd post i've left about it today.

Most experienced growers will NOT use Miracle Grow for a host of reasons. The main one being that it's too HOT and burns the plants' roots with its time-release ferts. Watering is crucial with MG because the more those fertilizers crystals are moistened, the more ferts they release. So flushing isn't an option. Feeding schedules are tricky if even employed.

Just get a bag of plain, organic potting soil. Black Gold, Pro Mix, Ocean Forest, Roots Organic, or whatever your local garden center carries. Practically anything but MG. You can also check out the N-P-K values on the bags. If they have those values, you probably don't want the soil cause it's already loaded with sh!t. My $.02

5 CFL's cooking over 2 plants could be a bit much. What wattage are they? What spectrum?

3. ricardo yes i 100% agree. throw out that MG organic shit. i wouldnt use it for my yard.i grew with it for my first grow..... bad mistake. almost killed both of my plants. it doesnt hold water. dries out fast. now that ricardo mentions the nutes in it like that yea i think i was over nuting them. i was on a regular every other water nutes at 1/4 strength and they just kept whithering away.

the soils he recommended are best but if you must there is a scotts potting mix. very low nutes. .7-.3-.7 or something like that. and mixed in a handfull or 2 of perlite per gallon. 1000% better. the plant is growing soo much better. although the box has been changed. the soil is much better to work with and im now giving 1/2 strength nutes 2.5 weeks into flower and have been for several weeks now. havent see any burns.