Need help on setting grow box up

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mrwavyphil, Mar 8, 2012.

1. So I turned one of my older nightstands into a grow box used some reflective blanketing from a first aid kit as Mylar on the sides an I have hot glued the outlet to ceilieng still have some questions on how to keep heat down an ventilation also should I put the Mylar substitute on the bottom part of the cabinet ,the dimensions are 15x16x23in also included pictures of my lights two 26 watt cfl an 2600k bulb overall puttin out about 2000 lumines would that be enough I also have the reflective cover if it helps any tips suggestions or comments greatly appreciated seeds on order from attutitide will update with new grow journal last grow got fucked up little brother likes to play with dirt -_-

Attached Files:

2. For about 2 not very big plants it'd work out great. With only 2 CFLs, you wouldn't have to do to much for ventilation, but i'd get those '1 to 2' lightbulb socket things, just so you can cancel out the fact that it didn't turn out because of bad lighting. Maybe just a computer fan taking air out and another blowing air in. Wire each of them up to 12v adapters. I had a box similar to yours. Got a few harvests out of it. =D

3. So u saying get another light socket also should I use the larger light bulb or not it get well into the high 90's with the door close will just one fan do.also what's the best place to buy those little computer fans

4. Also do u think I could grow a full plant from seed to harvest in their an if so best strain for small space if u could list a few would be helpful

5. With the light, yes definitely try to fit another light or two into your box of potential. You won't be sorry. With the whole fan thang, I'd get two going. One blowing inside the box (towards the bottom of the box) and one blowing out (by the top to take the heat out of the box and to cool down the bulbs. Heat does rise.) As for seeds, anything sativa I believe works the best. I recently started to fart around with LST. I like the method, it makes it look like bonsai tree (Bada$$ IMO). But you could even find a seed in a bag of some good smoke you found. You may not know where it came from, but you'll never know til you try.

6. yea i was reading up on lst i think im gonna try it thanks for the info but i still was wonderin do u know where i could get those computer fans

7. Oh my bad, little spacey at the moment. Ebay dude, you can make it as low key as buying an xbox fan. Its two fans in one and if you can figure out how to break yours to make one fan facing in and one facing out you'll be set. I did it but it's a pain to explain how I did it and it's hard to take a pic to show what I did. That or any computer store. Just computer fans. =D

8. go with a indica gene they tend to stay squat with less flower time, sativas grow tall and lanky and take a couple extra weeks to flower