Need help on lighting setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by infantryind, Jul 29, 2010.

1. ok im going to be making two rooms out of one single frame constructed by 2x4s both rooms (one veg, one for flower) are going to be light tight lined with panda film. But im starting out with 10 clones in the veg room 2 mothers, 2 replacement mothers and 6 that will goto the flowering room but this is a perpetual setup so i will end up harvesting one plant every 9 days or so starting when the firstplant is ready for harvest so i will be planting the 2 mothers first followed by the replacement mothers and the 6 others all around 9 days apart i was going to use a 4 tube 4 ft t5 for the clones and a 8 tube 4ft t5 for the vegging then they will be under a 1000w hps for flowering but there will only be one plant under the hps for 9 days, 2 after 18, 3 after about 27 etc so i wanna make sure this is fine will i just have to make sure the height from plant is far away while there is only a couple plants under the hps? eventually (after around day 90) there will continuously be 6 plants in flowering and 6 plants in vegging Also will the 8tube t5 be enough to veg 10 plants to start? because eventually it will be reduced to 6 plants under the 8 tube and the clones will always be under the 4 tube t5 i have around 8 feet to work with in width and length i have more than enough to make the 2x4 frame any size this setup is so i will continuously be harvesting one plant every 9 days i know this is a lot of info so i will clarify as needed but bare minimum i need to know rule of thumb for t5 lighting vs plant quantity and anything else thanks

2. Massive wall of text is massive. This should make it easier to read. :p